Homosexual group publishes the 'Queen James Bible'
Group openly changed scripture to suit their needs.
Don't like the Bible? Well, you could just create your own version. At least that's what a homosexual group has done. The world's first "gay friendly" Bible [book] has been published as the "Queen James Bible."
According to the group behind the publication, the anti-homosexual prohibitions in Scripture are a modern addition. They point out that the word "homosexual" did not appear in the Bible until 1946.
The website promoting the book says, "The Queen James Bible resolves any homophobic interpretations of the Bible, but the Bible is still filled with inequality and even contradiction that we have not addressed... No Bible is perfect, including this one. We wanted to make a book filled with the word of God that nobody could use to incorrectly condemn God's LGBT children, and we succeeded."
Unfortunately, what they have succeeded in doing is misrepresenting the word of God. Nowhere in Scripture does God condemn any of his children who come to him in loving faith. What scripture does condemn are specific immoral acts, including sexual congress outside the context of marriage which can only exist between one man and one woman.
The claim that the Bible is imperfect is simply a postmodern assessment, the well-known byproduct of a bankrupt worldview.
In addition to changing scriptures throughout the Bible, the authors of the book claim that King James I was bisexual, despite the fact there is no concrete historical evidence to verify this. Even if it were true, it would have no effect on the veracity Scripture, since King James I merely commissioned the popular English translation. The actual work was done by clergy.
We will not cite here, the perverse translations generated by a group that endeavors to use Holy Scripture to promote a secular, sexualized agenda.
It is not expected that this book will catch on anytime soon, even in the homosexual community.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Queen James Bible, homosexual, postmodernism
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Gay youths to be allowed to join Boy Scouts: Controversy rages
- Bridge that collapsed in Washington State was structurally unsound
- 12,000 homes damaged or destroyed in Moore, daunting road to recovery underway
- Eric Garcetti becomes Los Angeles' first Jewish mayor
- Violent Tsarnev friend killed by FBI after blaming Tamerlan for unsolved murders
- Homeless man whose face was eaten away in cannibal attack recovering
- Priests for Life: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act Most Significant Legislative Step Forward
- In the Wake of the Moore Tornado: What Can we Learn from the Disaster?
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?