Orlando officials to hold conference on CT shootings - Orlando
Officials stress law enforcement presence in schools.
Orange County Sheriff, Jerry Demings will be joined by local police and school officials to discuss the school shooting in Connecticut during a press conference today.
Local officials are seeking to comfort a distraught public.
Officials across the country are reacting with statements and press conferences as a shocked public reacts to the news.
The sheriff said in a statement, "We want Orange County citizens to know that there is heightened awareness throughout the agency and there will be increased visibility at all Orange County Public Schools. He added that his office "partners with the Orange County Public Schools to provide a law enforcement presence at all high schools, middle schools and elementary schools."
There is no evidence that other children in other schools are in physical danger as a result of today's shooting.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Connecticut, school shooting, press conference, sheriff
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Supreme Court to decide if prayer before town meeting is permissible
- All survive terrifying plane 'belly landing' in Newark
- Nebraska Bishop: Gosnell clinic was 'reminiscent of Auschwitz'
- Why even if you lose, playing Powerball isn't such a bad bet after all
- Cheap cigarette outlets in U.S. may be funding terrorists
- Shocking report reveals 38 men, 33 women are raped each day in the military
- Father Frank Pavone: Houston Abortionist Killing Babies Born Alive
- Bill Donohue, Catholic League, Disclose Fight with the IRS, Demonstrate Courage
- Chilling note scrawled by bloodied Boston terrorist reveals motive
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?