Adult shooter massacres children at CT school
Heartbreaking details and images are now coming from Connecticut school.
Yet another mass shooting has occurred, however this one is different because the perpetrator was an adult and the victims small children. At least 10 kids, plus the shooter are dead. The death toll may be even higher, with 27 reported by some outlets. The situation is developing.
The shooting began around 9:35 a.m. Reports suggest the shootings may have begun in the hallway of the school. The perpetrator likely used at least two handguns to commit the crime. Police say they have recovered those weapons.
Children, ordered to cover their eyes, were seen fleeing from classrooms under heavy police escort. Many were evacuated to a nearby firehouse.
Some of the bodies of victims were present outside.
The story is developing, more details will be reported soon.
11:10 a.m. PDT: News-wire reports that local authorities say the number of dead is close to 30, mostly children.
11:13 a.m. PDT: Body of suspect has been confirmed in classroom.
11:19 a.m. PDT: Killer is believed to be 24 years old.
11:21 a.m. PDT: Law enforcement is identifying the killer as Ryan Lanza.
4:56 p.m. PDT: Investigators are retracting their previous ID of the shooter. The shooter is now said to be Adam Lanza, 20. Wearing black military attire, he shot and killed 20 students and seven adults.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?