Adult shooter massacres children at CT school
Heartbreaking details and images are now coming from Connecticut school.
Yet another mass shooting has occurred, however this one is different because the perpetrator was an adult and the victims small children. At least 10 kids, plus the shooter are dead. The death toll may be even higher, with 27 reported by some outlets. The situation is developing.
The shooting began around 9:35 a.m. Reports suggest the shootings may have begun in the hallway of the school. The perpetrator likely used at least two handguns to commit the crime. Police say they have recovered those weapons.
Children, ordered to cover their eyes, were seen fleeing from classrooms under heavy police escort. Many were evacuated to a nearby firehouse.
Some of the bodies of victims were present outside.
The story is developing, more details will be reported soon.
11:10 a.m. PDT: News-wire reports that local authorities say the number of dead is close to 30, mostly children.
11:13 a.m. PDT: Body of suspect has been confirmed in classroom.
11:19 a.m. PDT: Killer is believed to be 24 years old.
11:21 a.m. PDT: Law enforcement is identifying the killer as Ryan Lanza.
4:56 p.m. PDT: Investigators are retracting their previous ID of the shooter. The shooter is now said to be Adam Lanza, 20. Wearing black military attire, he shot and killed 20 students and seven adults.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- Gitmo commander says he agrees with Obama about...
- David and Goliath: Radiance Foundation and Ryan Bomberger Defend Children, Stand Up to the NAACP
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- Mary, Our Lady of Quatlasupe - She who crushes the head of the serpent, is leading the New Evangelization
- HISTORICAL TREASURE: Shipwreck hunter finds 152-year-old Civil War-era ship in Lake Huron
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?