Superstorm Sandy victims get SNAP benefits - Brooklyn
Benefits are available to all who lived in stricken area on Oct. 27.
Area victims of Superstorm Sandy can now qualify for a little public assistance from the SNAP program.
Snap benefits will help many in the stricken areas around New York City.
All residents, including illegal aliens, may qualify according to the website. Residents must however have been living in the area as of October 27, 2012.
Qualifying areas include:
- All of 11224 and 11235 in Coney Island
- All of 11231 in Red Hook
- The part of 11229 in Gerritsen Beach south of Allen Avenue
- All of 11691, 11692, 11693, 11694 and 11697 in the Rockaways
- All of 10306 on the southeastern shore of SI
- The part of 10305 south of Seaview Avenue
- All of 10002 on the Lower East Side
It is hoped the one-time benefit will help feed families during the holiday season when need is the greatest.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Superstorm Sandy, benefits, SNAP, food
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Bill Donohue, Catholic League, Disclose Fight with the IRS, Demonstrate Courage
- Father Frank Pavone: Houston Abortionist Killing Babies Born Alive
- Shocking report reveals 38 men, 33 women are raped each day in the military
- Cheap cigarette outlets in U.S. may be funding terrorists
- Why even if you lose, playing Powerball isn't such a bad bet after all
- Nebraska Bishop: Gosnell clinic was 'reminiscent of Auschwitz'
- Sex In Uniform: Why the Increase in Sexual Assaults in the Military?
- Chilling note scrawled by bloodied Boston terrorist reveals motive
- The Storm. The Whirlwind. The Earthquake: Abortionist Kermit Gosnell is Guilty, America is Complicit
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?