Zimmerman defense asks for longer leash - Orlando
Defense makes motion for greater freedom in light of new evidence.
George Zimmerman may enjoy a little more freedom in the days to come as a judge considers a defense motion to remove his GPS monitor and allow him to move freely about the state. The defense filed the motion after the release of new evidence that shows Zimmerman was physically attacked.
A newly released police photo of George Zimmerman appears to bolster his claim of self-defense.
The defense motion reads in part, "During the course of discovery, certain evidence has come to light suggesting that Mr. Zimmerman is innocent of the charges against him.This evidence is particularly relevant... when determining conditions of release."
According to the defense, Zimmerman "needs to be able to travel more freely throughout the State of Florida for reasons of his own personal safety and... to have the ability to assist his defense." The ability to travel would facilitate that effort.
The motion is expected to be heard on Tuesday.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin, motion, photo, defense, GPS
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Nebraska Bishop: Gosnell clinic was 'reminiscent of Auschwitz'
- Why even if you lose, playing Powerball isn't such a bad bet after all
- Cheap cigarette outlets in U.S. may be funding terrorists
- Shocking report reveals 38 men, 33 women are raped each day in the military
- Father Frank Pavone: Houston Abortionist Killing Babies Born Alive
- Bill Donohue, Catholic League, Disclose Fight with the IRS, Demonstrate Courage
- Chilling note scrawled by bloodied Boston terrorist reveals motive
- Sex In Uniform: Why the Increase in Sexual Assaults in the Military?
- Dr. Glidden of Catalina Island: Monster or historian?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?