Los Angeles may soon have streetcars - So Cal
Streetcar line planned for 2015.
Voting concludes today on an assessment that would bring streetcars to downtown Los Angeles.
If accepted, the project would be completed in 2015 and would help people get around the area much more easily. It would also reduce congestion.
the route would cover a 10 block section of Broadway.
However, the voting process is controversial. Most controversial is the fact that all area voters can cast a ballot, but only homeowners would pay the assessment, effectively giving many area residents a free ride.
Still, the measure is expected to pass and if it does, area residents can look forward to easier driving and getting about as early as 2015.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- If Detroit declares bankruptcy - what then?
- United States teens still lagging behind their global friends in education
- A Thanksgiving Day Reflection on the Goodness of America
- Thanksgiving: We Must Become Again a People of Thanksgiving, Love and Light
- Black Friday, immoral and oppressive? How about - a RIP-OFF as well?
- Obama decide cierre de embajada de EEUU en el Vaticano: Muestra 'antipatía' hacia católicos
- Very first book printed in U.S. sold at auction for record-breaking $14 million
- WAS IT A LIE? Family says they DID tip gay server, despite Internet story
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?