Corruption! Two brands of justice in Philly traffic court - Philadelphia
Scathing report says local officials and judges routinely fixed tickets.
There's no such thing as equal justice under the law in Philly traffic court, according to an investigative report. The Philadelphia Supreme Court Justice, Ronald D. Castille has identified a local Democrat as a frequent offender getting special treatment.
For the connected, traffic tickets get fixed in Philadelphia creating two brands of justice.
Brady has denied this accusation.
The report shows that several connected Philadelphia elites have been acquitted of traffic offenses that include wrong-way driving among others.
If true, then the report highlights corruption in the courts, something that should not be happening at all.
The report identified seven judges that are being investigated by the FBI for their role in handing out special favors.
The value of the lost revenues to the cities for preferential treatment is described as "substantial" although the report did not specify how much money has been lost because of the alleged corruption.
The report also found that people who worked at the court also managed to fix tickets for themselves as well as family members and relatives.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: traffic court, judges, Democrats, tickets, fixes, corruption
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- SHOCKING: Senator says IRS set to pay out $70 million in employee bonuses
- Agents think they'll find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa - after 40 years
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?