Gruesome! Who one NY cop planned to eat for Thanksgiving - Brooklyn
Heartwarming, but not the kind you'd reasonably expect.
An NYPD cop is facing some gruesome charges that he planned to kidnap, cook, and devour a woman for Thanksgiving.
Thankfully, the police and FBI stopped this alleged serial killer and cannibal before he could start.
The FBI and NYPD conducted a two-month investigation and found that Valle made a database of several women he planned to kidnap, torture, kill, cook and eat.
Prosecutors say Valle was very specific about his plans while chatting with a friend online. Those records will build a key part of their case.
Judge Paul Gardephe denied bail for Valle saying he would have "to settle for a cheap jailhouse turkey dinner." He added, "There is nothing about this case that is rational. It is depraved, bizarre and aberrational, and at the moment it is unexplainable -- especially by someone who is a police officer."
Although no women were harmed by Valle, the FBI said there was a great deal of intent expressed by him.
Defense attorneys are trying to claim the entire affair is the result of a twisted fantasy, but that nothing criminal took place.
Valle's trial is set for January 22.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?