Lee Harvey Oswald's former girlfriend stands by her man
She maintains that JFK's assassin insists Oswald was an innocent intelligence officer
The assassination of President John F. Kennedy remains mired in countless conspiracy theories. Many maintain that assassin Lee Harvey Oswald was innocent, a pawn in a greater conspiracy theory. Joining this chorus of voices is Oswald's former girlfriend, Judyth Vary Baker who insists that one of America's preeminent villains was in fact an innocent intelligence officer.
In her new memoir, 'Lee and Me: How I Came To Know, Love, And Lose Lee Harvey Oswald,' Judyth Baker argues that Oswald could not have murdered the 35th President of the United States in Dealy Plaza that cold day in November of 1963.
"Lee Oswald was a hero," Baker began at her presentation at an Oregon bookstore earlier this month. "I'm here to tell you that when you find out who did it, you will understand more about who took over our country and why we are in the position we are in today."
Baker says she lives abroad due to what she claims are safety concerns. She's currently on a limited tour that lasts until December to promote her book. She also plans to make several appearances via Skype.
The prodigious Baker conducted complicated cancer research in New Orleans in the early 1960s while 19 years of age. "I was assigned to make cancer more deadly," she told reporters. "Can you imagine?"
Baker met Oswald in 1963 during this internship working under Dr. Alton Ochsner, the former president of the American Cancer Society, and they became lovers.
"I was his lover," she remembered, while not elaborating on their trysts. "I loved him and he loved me and I believe that with all my heart."
Oswald, she explained, was part of the Ochsner project. According to the book, the cancer research helmed by Ochsner was tied to efforts to bring down Cuba's then-president Fidel Castro through biological means, injecting the guerrilla leader with a fast-spreading cancer.
Oswald also told Baker of the Kennedy assassination plot from conversations they had up to two days before November 23, 1963.
In her 600-page book, Baker argues that her then-boyfriend was a deeply undercover intelligence agent who was actually trying to prevent Kennedy from being killed.
Baker is of the popular opinion in conspiracy circles that Oswald could not have committed from his sniper post at the Texas Book Depository.
"We have a lot of information that Kennedy was shot from the front"' noting that the book depository was behind Kennedy's motorcade.
Baker says that there was a conspiracy against Oswald from the beginning. "They arrest him; they say he's from Russia."
Baker says the last words she ever heard Oswald say to her were on phone call when he ended with: "I love you, Judyth," two days before Oswald himself was shot dead outside of Dallas' police headquarters.
Next year marks the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's death.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Lee Harvey Oswald, girlfriend, conspiracy, Kennedy assassination
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- Two Oklahoma men killed in tornadoes; Kansas, Iowa batten down for severe weather
- Supreme Court to decide if prayer before town meeting is permissible
- All survive terrifying plane 'belly landing' in Newark
- Nebraska Bishop: Gosnell clinic was 'reminiscent of Auschwitz'
- Why even if you lose, playing Powerball isn't such a bad bet after all
- Cheap cigarette outlets in U.S. may be funding terrorists
- Shocking report reveals 38 men, 33 women are raped each day in the military
- Father Frank Pavone: Houston Abortionist Killing Babies Born Alive
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?