Obama played while Banghazi burned
Despite advanced defense capability no order came to protect Libya staff.
New details about the September 11 attacks on a CIA outpost in Benghazi are coming to light. According the US military, the outpost was armed and enjoyed the protection of surveillance drones and laser-equipped machine guns. However, not a single shot was fired in self-defense.
AC-130 gunship can deliver accurate fire against terrorists with laser guidance from the ground. But they need orders first...
The compound was also equipped with target designating lasers which can spot targets on the ground for air support overhead.
Not only was the compound protected with these weapons, which could be used to warn away attackers, and to stop them as a last resort, but the CIA compound had not one, but two predator drones circling overhead, watching the scene below unfold.
Despite this presence, no help was sent, and no action was taken. The CIA operatives and their security detail inside simply waited for death to come, which eventually arrived when multiple mortar shells landed on the roof of the compound.
US military officials explained in a press conference that the predator drones were only sent for surveillance and were unarmed. They added that US drones are not permitted to fly armed missions over Libyan cities, a prohibition imposed by the Libyan government.
Despite the lack of armed drones and air support, the CIA installation was armed. Yet, without permission to return fire, the men inside were simply targets for the al Qaeda terrorists that spent several hours trying to kill them.
While the al Qaeda attack was largely ineffective, as it took hours for them to succeed in killing Americans there, the US response was worse as no return fire was ever offered, not even as a warning.
Which raises the question, why didn't someone do something?
The answer of course, is in the White House. President Obama, too timid to offend his fragile alliances with Libya and other Middle-Eastern states, simply refused to give permission to protect the Americans who were doing his work in Libya.
Politics trumped American lives.
The absolute disregard for American safety overseas is alarming. The failure hints at a president who is incapable of being decisive and strong during moments of crisis. Let's hope there are no more moments of crisis during his administration.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Brothers in Arms: St Benedict and St Francis.
- Polish Bishops and Pope Francis Expose the Gender Identity Movement
- Deal Hudson on the Creed: What Kind of One is 'One God'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?