Pigs eat man
Victim found hours later
Pigs are surprisingly intelligent creatures, and they can be vicious too. They are well known to have voracious appetites. Still, authorities in Riverton Oregon were surprised to find the remains of a farmer who was apparently eaten by the animals.
According to the family, Garner went out to feed the animals and was not seen afterwards for several hours. A concerned relative searched for him and located the remains.
At least one of the hogs had previously bit Garner.
Garner was known as an animal lover and he raised the pigs - actually giant hogs, often providing piglets to kids involved in 4-H projects. Several of the hogs in his pen weigh more than 700 lbs.
According to Garner's brother, Michael Garner, "He's an animal lover.he wouldn't sell them to eat or anything else." Michael Garner added, "He didn't just have pigs, he had all kinds of animals. People would drop by his house and just drop stuff off, and he'd take it in and raise it," he said. "He's a good guy. He's my little brother."
For now, authorities do not know if Garner became ill and collapsed, or if he suffered an accident.
It is also possible the hogs could have attacked him for some reason, or if his death could be the result of foul play.
While pigs are known to be dangerous, they rarely cause serious injury or death to humans.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Brothers in Arms: St Benedict and St Francis.
- Polish Bishops and Pope Francis Expose the Gender Identity Movement
- Deal Hudson on the Creed: What Kind of One is 'One God'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?