We Applaud the Republican Platform: No 'Abortion Rights', Only a Right to Life
make a wrong a right with the stroke of a judicial quill or a keyboard!
Abortion is feticide; its true horror is concealed by deadly loaded language intended to make it sound acceptable. Its advocates deploy "rights language" to try to make it sound noble. They repeat the phrase "abortion rights", "abortion rights", "abortion rights".. ad nauseam. Their collaborators in the media use this deadly loaded language without even thinking about what they are saying, or writing.
The notion that one method of intentionally killing an entire class of human persons should be called a "right" is despicable. Abortion is a lethal action which always takes an innocent human life. The phrase "abortion rights" is an example of the "decay of language" of which George Orwell wrote.
Actions do not have "rights". Only human persons can have "rights." The shorthand phrase "abortion rights" is a linguistic tool used by journalists who have become, knowingly or unwittingly, tools of the proponents of the abortion deception.
There is no "abortion right." The true Right is the one being denied in every procured abortion, the Right to Life. That preeminent Right to Life is revealed in the Natural Moral Law and confirmed by Medical Science. Children in the womb are our first neighbors. It is always wrong to kill our neighbors. We all know it. We simply pretend otherwise and use deadly loaded language to cover over the evil act.
Let´s look at some hard cold truth again. We surgically operate on our first neighbors in the womb. We then put them back in their home and allow them to continue to grow so they can be healthier upon their birth. We know they are members of our human family. Our 4D sonogram technology has made it possible to take baby´s first picture and send it as a birth announcement or place it on a Face Book or My Space page or send it through our Social Networks.
We rightly marvel at the image of those little babies at the early stages of what is a lifetime of development for every human being. However, we then use that same technology to direct the weapons of warfare which will dismember them in the womb and kill them. We do not want to see those pictures.
When one of these little ones dies due to a "miscarriage" we all empathize and say that the grieving woman "lost her baby." However when one of those little ones dies due to surgical dismemberment, the effects of ingested chemical weapons, burning by saline or death by suction we call that loss of the baby the exercise of a "right"?
We all know the truth. Every intentional killing of a defenseless innocent human person is wrong! There is supposed to be a moral foundation for our positive law. We forget that at our great National peril. George Orwell´s words were prophetic, "The present political chaos is connected with the decay of language, and one can probably bring about some improvement by starting at the verbal end."
The following quote is also attributed to George Orwell, "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." It is time to tell the truth. Let´s bring some improvement to our discourse by starting at the verbal end. The phrase "Abortion Rights" must be rejected. There are no "Abortion Rights" Only Human Rights. The Right to Life is the first of those rights.
We applaud the Republican Platform Committee for its integrity and courage.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Republican Platform, Right to Life, Pro-Life, Todd Akin, Choice, pro-Choice, Democratic Platform, Deacon Keith Fournier
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Priests for Life: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act Most Significant Legislative Step Forward
- In the Wake of the Moore Tornado: What Can we Learn from the Disaster?
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- Largest Burmese Python caught in Miami-Dade County
- Court sides with Obama, Osama death photos can remain secret - for your own good
- Two Oklahoma men killed in tornadoes; Kansas, Iowa batten down for severe weather
- Supreme Court to decide if prayer before town meeting is permissible
- All survive terrifying plane 'belly landing' in Newark
- Nebraska Bishop: Gosnell clinic was 'reminiscent of Auschwitz'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?