Sex-Selection Abortion and China's Brutality: Shall We 'Gulp and Get Over It'?
Well, America, I dare you. Take a long, hard look at Feng Jianmei and her murdered little baby. That's abortion. Don't just gulp and get over it.
Chinese officials dragged 23-yr-old pregnant mother Feng Jianmei from her home and held her three days for a ransom before killing her seven-month-old baby en utero by lethal injection and delivering her tiny corpse after family failed to come up with the cash. Slate.com's editor Allison Benedikt warned "If your goal is to protect abortion rights, gulp for a second if you must, then get over it."
This is the reality of abortion. This is not a choice. It's a CHILD.
Ms. Benedikt's pièce de résistance was this: "Also, let's just remember that we are talking about fetuses. No matter how many ultrasound pics get posted to Facebook, these are fetuses with female genitals or male genitals -- not little boys or little girls. If pro-choicers object to aborting because of the sex of the fetus, aren't we then saying that abortion is "murdering" girls? Aren't we basically arguing that a fetus is not a blank slate but a future possibility? That is not the case to make if your goal is to protect abortion rights. Gulp for a second if you must, then get over it."
Now you see why I thought my head might explode.
When not instituting wild new pseudo-science and rewriting human biology, Benedikt is like some weird hybrid of hypnotist and Drill Sergeant: You will NOT acknowledge that instinctual revulsion rising up in your throat at the idea of killing girls just because they're girls! I know you're a girl, too. So what? You will NOT admit that it's wrong! Listen to me, it's not really a girl anyway! Swallow hard! Abortion is good! Ignore the queasiness in your stomach -- it means nothing. All that matters is abortion!abortion!abortion!
Blank slates? Fetuses with female genitals or male genitals? Benedikt is choking on her own desperation and the desperation of the entire abortion industry. Since actual science refutes them at every turn and logic and reason are not on their side, they must invent their own "science" and their own logic. Suddenly that "thing" in the uterus is just a blank slate. Just an ambiguous creature with genitals that might be male or female, but whatever, it's not a boy or girl. I wonder when the magic happens that turns the creature into a baby girl or baby boy.
Every rational person knows that Benedikt's argument is preposterous, to put it nicely. But it's her dictate that everyone just ignore the stirrings of their conscience and squash their uneasiness with the horror of gendercide that is most troubling. It ought to set off alarm bells in every feminist heart when someone starts preaching the necessity of killing girls merely because they're girls for the sake of women's rights.
It ought to disturb every person professed to be interested in justice and equality that the "choice" to kill girls just because they're girls must be protected and defended for the sake of protecting the "choice" to kill any baby, for any reason whatsoever. If girls must pay a highly disproportionate price, so be it. Who cares about girls?
Benedikt is desperate because she knows that anyone who allows themselves to be repulsed by the idea of targeting baby girls in the womb will soon have to question abortion altogether. How can it be wrong to kill a baby girl but not a baby boy? How can it be wrong to abort for *this* reason but okay to abort for *that* reason? No. Once the veneer of morality is stripped away and the illogic exposed, abortion is revealed for what it truly is every time it happens: the intentional killing of a child.
So if you're going to tell everyone to gulp and then "get over it", then be honest about what you're getting over, Ms. Benedikt: Killing a child -- killing a girl. (Thanks for nothing, ya lousy feminists.)
So though her outrageous nonsense was mind-blowing, I decided to ignore Ms. Benedikt and move on. Until today when I saw the wrenching images of Feng Jianmei and her little baby who'd been forcibly aborted in China just a few weeks ago. It was more than my heart could take.
Via Jill Stanek:
"On May 30, 20 local Chinese officials dragged 23-yr-old pregnant mother Feng Jianmei from her home and held her three days for a 40,000 yuan ($6250) ransom before killing her seven-month-old baby en utero by lethal injection and delivering her tiny corpse after family failed to come up with the cash."
"At the hospital ...
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- All survive terrifying plane 'belly landing' in Newark
- Nebraska Bishop: Gosnell clinic was 'reminiscent of Auschwitz'
- Why even if you lose, playing Powerball isn't such a bad bet after all
- Cheap cigarette outlets in U.S. may be funding terrorists
- Shocking report reveals 38 men, 33 women are raped each day in the military
- Father Frank Pavone: Houston Abortionist Killing Babies Born Alive
- Bill Donohue, Catholic League, Disclose Fight with the IRS, Demonstrate Courage
- Chilling note scrawled by bloodied Boston terrorist reveals motive
- Sex In Uniform: Why the Increase in Sexual Assaults in the Military?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?