Obama once supported marriage but now he's evolved
President reverses course after comments by Biden.
Barack Obama has become the first US president in history to support homosexual marriage. The remarks come after Vice President Joe Biden voiced his support for such unions in an interview he gave last week. With such publicly stated support, the upcoming presidential election becomes even more critical as the prospect of federal-level legalization now looms.
Obama once supported marriage, but now he's 'evolved.'
What thought processes can lead the head of state to undermine natural law is unclear, since he did not elaborate on them, but in any case, it represents an alarming trend in Obama's domestic policy.
Over the past year, Obama has waged an increasingly strident war against Christians and social conservatives, especially Catholics, through a variety of means. He has threatened the Church for its refusal to support unethical and moral reproductive behavior, specifically the use of contraceptives, abortifacients, and abortion services. The church and Catholics could face penalties if they do not go along with his edict to provide free coverage for such services to women.
Now, he has openly cast his lot against marriage and family values by supporting the absurd notion that same-sex couples can marry.
While same-sex couples can "legally marry" in some states, such marriages are both physically and spiritually impossible.
The president has stated that he supports allowing the states to choose their position on the issue, however given his hostile position on issues that are meaningful to Christian conservatives; it would be unsurprising to see him take another step in the direction of normalizing unnatural, deviant unions.
The President's commentary will be aired tonight on ABC news and Nightline.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, Biden, gay marriage, same sex, Catholic
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- SHOCKING: Senator says IRS set to pay out $70 million in employee bonuses
- Agents think they'll find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa - after 40 years
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?