Blasphemous play touring, depicts Christ as homosexual
Play blasphemes the Lord and calls it love.
Proving that no individual is too sacred for the militant LBGT movement, the 108 Productions' company has resurrected Terrence McNally's play "Corpus Christi: Playing with Redemption." The play is controversial because it depicts Jesus Christ as an active homosexual who engages the apostles in sex.
Set in 1950s Texas, the play depicts Jesus as a sexualized, gay object rather than as the Son of God made man. Rather than focusing on the loving ministry of Christ, the play represents the antithesis of the Christian message. The production emphasizes gay sexual behavior and dress thereby objectifying the cast, spreads a morally dangerous philosophy, and blasphemes God.
Meanwhile, James Brandon, the co-founder of 108 Productions and a cast member in the play defends the tour. "Our tour aims to change the story on religious bullying and homophobia in all ages and walks of life, by teaching our audiences to love themselves for who they are," he said in a statement.
"As the voices of intolerance around the world continue preaching ignorance and hate, we will keep raising our voices from a place of love - and as our tour continues, we will spread that love to places where love for LGBT people is lacking."
This is doublespeak. The message of Christ is nothing but love. What's hateful is to blaspheme the one who gave everything of Himself as the epitome of love. Unfortunately, that good and pure message is being twisted to push an agenda that is inconsistent with Christian morals, human dignity, and common decency.
All people, including those who struggle with same sex attraction, are welcome in God's church and God has a loving plan for each person. However, the Church is opposed to sexual immorality in all of its forms. Sexually immoral behavior is revealed in the Natural Law and can be known by all men and women through the exercise of reason. Participating in it does not set men and women free, it enslaves them.
Sexually immoral behavior is also clearly identified and codified in the Bible, expounded upon by the teaching office of the Church, and has been affirmed with clarity and consistency in the 2,000 year Tradition of the Church. The Church's duty, as a matter of love, is merely to share the message and help people to live it in order to find the freedom and happiness they long for and for which they were created.
Spreading the word of God is not an act of hate. It is an act of Love.
But to blaspheme and trample underfoot the holy name of the Lord is nothing less than the epitome of hate -- and evil.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Corpus Christi, The Body of Christ, love, homosexuality, gay, play, 108 Productions, documentary
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- In the Wake of the Moore Tornado: What Can we Learn from the Disaster?
- Priests for Life: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act Most Significant Legislative Step Forward
- Homeless man whose face was eaten away in cannibal attack recovering
- Court sides with Obama, Osama death photos can remain secret - for your own good
- Largest Burmese Python caught in Miami-Dade County
- Supreme Court to decide if prayer before town meeting is permissible
- Two Oklahoma men killed in tornadoes; Kansas, Iowa batten down for severe weather
- All survive terrifying plane 'belly landing' in Newark
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?