President Obama Makes Video Vowing to Protect Planned Parenthood
A sitting President went out of his way to publicly vow to protect the interests of America's largest abortion provider and ensure their federal funding is not discontinued. He and Cecile Richards are so tight not a ray of sunlight can come between them.
Our current President has made his position crystal clear and has demonstrated time and time again that he will always defend Planned Parenthood; he will always defend abortion-on-demand, without restriction; he will always promote the culture of death. He will even shred the constitutional rights of the Catholic Church and all people of faith.
President Obama and the Leader of Planned Parenthood, Cecile Richards
A sitting President went out of his way to publicly vow to protect the interests of America's largest abortion provider and ensure their federal funding is not discontinued. He publicly declared his commitment to standing between PP and Congress, between PP and the American people, to preserve the hundreds of millions of tax dollars PP gets each year. He and Cecile Richards are so tight not a ray of sunlight can come between them.
Since Mr. Obama is so fond of clarity, let's be clear; let's be very clear, indeed. In fact, let's take it line by line.
He begins by saying, "For you and for most Americans, women's health is an issue that stands above politics. Yet over the past year you've had to stand up to politicians who want to deny millions of women the care they rely on and inject themselves into decisions that are best made between a woman and her doctor."
Let's clear up the euphemisms first: Abortion is not health care. It is the intentional killing of a helpless preborn child. That is really what we're talking about here. We're not talking about "decisions" regarding breast cancer or cervical or ovarian cancer, etc. We're talking about abortion. The President is talking about abortion.
He continues, "Let's be clear here; women are not an interest group."
Oh, I beg to differ. Women are most definitely his favorite interest group. He plays "women's interests" like a violin when he needs to rally support, the way he's done this year with his contrived, politically-motivated "war on women" over contraception.
"They're mothers and daughters, sisters, and wives. They're half of this country and they're perfectly capable of making their own choices about their health."
Again, let's be clear. The "choice" he's talking about is abortion. Not whether to get a Pap smear or a breast exam or a blood test. The "choice" is whether or not to kill the child in the womb. I wonder why Obama's so reluctant to be clear in his language?
"So we're grateful that through it all you never forget who you're fighting for. The woman with a new lease on life because a mammogram caught her cancer in time..."
Once more, for the record: No Planned Parenthood clinic in the country can provide a woman a mammogram. That is a manipulative deception that Cecile Richards and now Barack Obama love to perpetuate. Planned Parenthood does not provide mammograms and they never have. They are merely a referral service to send women elsewhere for a mammogram.
Since that "new lease on life" is so important to you, Mr. Obama, may I suggest the many fine Catholic hospitals across America where women can actually receive comprehensive medical care that includes mammograms. If it's care for poor and uninsured women you're concerned about, you should be championing Catholic health care providers instead of attacking them.
From the Fiscal Times: "Compared to their competition, Catholic hospitals take a leading role in providing less-profitable services to patients. They lead the sector in breast cancer screenings, nutrition programs, trauma, geriatric services, and social work. In most of these areas, other non-profits come close, but hospitals run by state and local governments fall significantly off the pace. Where patients have trouble paying for care, Catholic hospitals cover more of the costs. For instance, Catholic Health Services in Florida provides free care to families below 200 percent of federal poverty line, accepting Medicaid reimbursements as payment in full, and caps costs at 20 percent of household income for families that fall between 200 percent and 400 percent of the federal poverty line."
"... the woman who was able to choose when to start a family because she could afford contraception."
Ah yes, Mr. Obama, your concocted battle over contraception. To secure votes for yourself and further Planned Parenthood's agenda, you fabricated this ludicrous controversy over contraception as though it were hard to find, difficult to obtain, and financially out of reach to every women not earning six figures a year. It's the most dishonest and destructive political ploy ever foisted on the public by a sitting President, and you've used women to do it.
You've exploited ...
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- SHOCKING: Senator says IRS set to pay out $70 million in employee bonuses
- Agents think they'll find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa - after 40 years
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?