Planned Parenthood CEO arrested for public park sex crime
Thornton released on bail after indecent exposure.
A Planned Parenthood CEO has been arrested in Lubbock, Texas after being charged with indecent exposure. Tony Ray Thornton, President and CEO of the Lubbock affiliate, was arrested and released on bail Tuesday.
Thornton has not returned to work following the incident and he has not spoken to reporters or issued any statements. The national headquarters of Planned Parenthood has not issued any statements.
According to Texas Penal Code, indecent exposure involves the display of one's "genitals with the intent to arouse the sexual desire of another person."
Thornton has worked for Planned Parenthood for several years, and has been a vocal proponent of anti-life issues. He has also spoken out against pregnancy, saying that, "Without this program women will not have access to birth control [drugs and abortifacients]. They will get pregnant."
There is no word on whether Thornton will continue his employment with Planned Parenthood.
UPDATE: An announcement from Planned Parenthood board chair, Mariah Sharpe states that Thornton is on leave and will not return to duty as head of the organization.
The police report lists a 43 year-old male victim. Police have not commented if there were children in the vicinity.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Thornton, sex, Planned Parenthood
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Priests for Life: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act Most Significant Legislative Step Forward
- In the Wake of the Moore Tornado: What Can we Learn from the Disaster?
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- Largest Burmese Python caught in Miami-Dade County
- Court sides with Obama, Osama death photos can remain secret - for your own good
- Two Oklahoma men killed in tornadoes; Kansas, Iowa batten down for severe weather
- Supreme Court to decide if prayer before town meeting is permissible
- All survive terrifying plane 'belly landing' in Newark
- Nebraska Bishop: Gosnell clinic was 'reminiscent of Auschwitz'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?