How to score free pancakes NOW at IHOP
IHOP is giving away free pancakes all day today.
Today is a very special day. While most eyes are on the Michigan presidential primary, hungry bellies are dreaming about National Pancake Day, and the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) free short stack giveaway.
IHOP is inviting everyone to free pancakes until 10 PM today.
Customers will also be invited to donate to charity during their visit.
The California-based pancake chain is starting a month's long charity drive with the pancake giveaway. The chain supports the Children's Miracle Network and other children's charities, particularly in areas that lack children's hospitals. Despite dedicating a month to raising funds for the cause, the chain raises most of its proceeds on National Pancake Day.
According to Patrick Lenow, spokesperson for DineEquity, the corporate parent of the IHOP chain, "Depending on the restaurant, it's double or triple the typical day's business. Because of that, many of the restaurants have a wait throughout the day." Lenow suggests visiting in the afternoon, after the breakfast and lunch rushes but before many take off work.
Lenow also emphasized that all of the money raised for charity stays local, being sent to the nearest hospitals.
IHOP has more than 1,500 locations in the US, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, and the US Virgin Islands. Most IHOP locations are independent franchises.
Since IHOP celebrated the first National Pancake Day six years ago, the chain has raised approximately $8 million for charitable causes and expects to raise about $2.7 million this year.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: national pancake day, IHOP, Children's Miracle network, charity
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Bridge that collapsed in Washington State was structurally unsound
- Gay youths to be allowed to join Boy Scouts: Controversy rages
- Violent Tsarnev friend killed by FBI after blaming Tamerlan for unsolved murders
- Eric Garcetti becomes Los Angeles' first Jewish mayor
- 12,000 homes damaged or destroyed in Moore, daunting road to recovery underway
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- In the Wake of the Moore Tornado: What Can we Learn from the Disaster?
- Priests for Life: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act Most Significant Legislative Step Forward
- Homeless man whose face was eaten away in cannibal attack recovering
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?