The 'Gospel' of Tolerance: You Must Approve
Judge not me nor anything I say, do, or want, lest ye be judged intolerant
The Gospel of Tolerance really only has one rule: thou shalt tolerate any action, belief, lifestyle, agenda, and person except the person who believes a certain lifestyle, action or agenda is wrong and has the gall to say so out loud. The real goal here is not acceptance but submission. It's not enough to "get along" or tolerate quietly. You must approve. You don't dare disapprove publicly. Those who don't tow the line will be punished.
For having the nerve to express her objection to immorality, she's become the object of wrath and nasty threats from homosexual activists. Those who understand how Stacy feels (count me in) also know that her real crime is that she has rejected the Gospel of Tolerance.
The Gospel of Tolerance really only has one rule: thou shalt tolerate any action, belief, lifestyle, agenda, and person except the person who believes a certain lifestyle, action or agenda is wrong and has the gall to say so out loud. The Gospel of Tolerance requires that you have no objection to that which it says must be tolerated. In fact, it requires that you not even question that which it says must be tolerated.
Noncompliance will not be tolerated.
The Gospel of Tolerance only contains one verse: "Judge not, lest ye be judged." It should be edited, however, to read more accurately, "Judge not me nor anything I say, do, or want, lest ye be judged intolerant." In the vocabulary of the Gospel of Tolerance, sin has no meaning. It has no concept at all.
Those who preach this gospel have fashioned a "christianity" more to their liking, since the real thing cannot be tolerated. Theirs is a toothless kitten; soft, warm, cuddly, sleepy and sentimental. Its only purpose is to soothe and affirm. It makes no demands. It certainly will not tolerate any demands forthcoming!
If their christianity has a savior at all, he is merely an amiable, sympathetic mascot for their cause and the only thing he ever said was "Don't judge." The only "sin" to require forgiving is the sin of intolerance, which of course is only committed by those who object to being told what they can and can't object to.
The Gospel of Tolerance is a ruse; it's just a marketing ploy. The real goal here is submission. It's not enough to "get along" or tolerate quietly. You must approve. You don't dare disapprove publicly. Those who don't tow the line will be punished.
Just ask the teachers who've been suspended for expressing opposition to gay "marriage." Or the Catholic health care facilities being told they must dispense contraception against their explicit beliefs; or the Catholic adoption agencies that must close down to avoid being forced to place children with homosexual couples against their explicit beliefs (beliefs they're supposed to have the freedom to live by).
Ask the business owners now fighting lawsuits because they don't wish to participate in gay weddings or receptions. When did they lose the right to run their own business as they wish? Under the Gospel of Tolerance, there is no freedom to disagree, no right to object. You must submit. Either carry the banner or risk losing your livelihood and liberty.
Well here's a radical piece of truth for you: tolerance is not a virtue. It's not a moral victory to acquiesce to evil.
"We need to remember that tolerance is not a Christian virtue. Charity, justice, mercy, prudence, honesty -- these are Christian virtues. And obviously, in a diverse community, tolerance is an important working principle. But it's never an end in itself. In fact, tolerating grave evil within a society is itself a form of serious evil." - Archbishop Chaput
It used to be that we could hate the sin and love the sinner, but the problem is now we're not allowed to hate the sin anymore! We have to love the sin, celebrate the sin, and above all, stop calling it sin!
It's not intolerant to make the judgment that something is morally wrong and oppose it. Just as sex does not equal love, neither does tolerance! There is such a thing as sin, and it leads to death, and Love demands that we tell our brothers and sisters the truth so that they might decide to reject sin and gain life.
Christians now find themselves in the sobering territory of the new Dark Ages, when evil is called good and darkness is ...
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Courageous Bishop Paprocki Shows Us How To Contend for the Truth About Marriage
- Lowest of the low: Man steals 92-year-old man's glasses and Bible in Manhattan
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?