Catholic League: Abortion = Black Genocide
Catholic League President Bill Donohue commented on the critics of the billboard Thursday
Life Always says it wants to raise public awareness of Planned Parenthood's war on black people. Good for them. Margaret Sanger, who founded the organization, made no secret of her racist agenda to wipe out the "weeds" in the African American community
NEW YORK, NY (Catholic League) - A pro-life group, Life Always, has displayed a huge billboard in the SoHo section of New York City that shows a picture of a young black girl with the inscription, "The most dangerous place for an African American is in the womb." It has created a firestorm in New York City.
The organization responsible for the billboard has the strong backing of prominent African Americans; they chose to display their message during Black History Month. Rev. Stephen Broden, an African American who heads Life Always, says he wants to protest abortion as black genocide.
Catholic League president Bill Donohue commented on the critics of the billboard Thursday:
"Life Always says it wants to raise public awareness of Planned Parenthood's war on black people. Good for them. Margaret Sanger, who founded the organization, made no secret of her racist agenda to wipe out the "weeds" in the African American community.
"To this day, a disproportionate number of Planned Parenthood's abortion clinics are located in minority neighborhoods, their largest cheerleaders being affluent white liberals who perversely boast of championing the cause of the black poor.
"Nationally, blacks, who make up 13 percent of the population, account for over one-third of all the abortions. In New York City, where over four out of ten children are killed before birth, the rate of abortion among black women is 60 percent. But killing six in ten black babies isn't enough to satisfy some affluent white liberals-they want more.
"New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn does not find black genocide offensive-she finds the billboard offensive. Worse is Bill de Blasio, who in the name of being New York's Public Advocate, is advocating that the billboard be taken down. He says, "The billboard simply doesn't belong in our city. The ad violates the values of New Yorkers."
"The values he is so proud of include the devaluing of innocent human life, making New York City the abortion capital of the nation."
The Catholic League is the nation's largest Catholic civil rights organization. Founded in 1973 by the late Father Virgil C. Blum, S.J., the Catholic League defends the right of Catholics – lay and clergy alike – to participate in American public life without defamation or discrimination. It is led by its' President, William A. Donohue, Ph.D.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- If Detroit declares bankruptcy - what then?
- United States teens still lagging behind their global friends in education
- A Thanksgiving Day Reflection on the Goodness of America
- Thanksgiving: We Must Become Again a People of Thanksgiving, Love and Light
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?