What about that 'Executive Order?' Abortion in Three States with Federal Money?
kinds of hidden loopholes that will allow federally-funded abortions unless exposed and corrected.
Sadly, the outrage over this revelation that federal funds were indeed going to be used for abortions has been one-sided. Democrats for Life and Bart Stupak both came out and said the ruckus was just more mischaracterization on the part of Republicans and other pro-life groups. Stupak once again accused some right-to-life groups of politicizing the life issue in order to undermine health care reform. Kristen Day from Democrats for Life defended the Obama Administration, basically saying they fixed the loophole problem once they became aware of it, and now everything should be just fine.
Stupak and Democrats for Life stubbornly continue to deny what both the pro-aborts and every pro-life warrior in the country has understood all along: under Obamacare, federal funds will find their way to abortionists all over the country and the Executive Order does not prevent it. The Stupak Amendment would have. If only...
But now that the bloody truth is out, President Obama will have no choice but to either make sure a Hyde-like policy is applied to each state's PCIP and every other program that comes along in the future, or go back on his word and shred his own Executive Order and just admit he wants all of us to pay for nationwide baby-killing.
So if the blood money is being held hostage, will he - can he - get re-elected without the abortion lobby's help? Will he - can he - get re-elected if he ignores his own EO and shows himself to be a liar? Guess we're gonna find out.
Jennifer Hartline is a grateful Catholic, a proud Army wife and mother of four precious children (one in Heaven). She is a contributing writer for Catholic Online. She is also a serious chocoholic. Visit her at My Chocolate Heart.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Homeless man whose face was eaten away in cannibal attack recovering
- Priests for Life: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act Most Significant Legislative Step Forward
- In the Wake of the Moore Tornado: What Can we Learn from the Disaster?
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- Largest Burmese Python caught in Miami-Dade County
- Court sides with Obama, Osama death photos can remain secret - for your own good
- Two Oklahoma men killed in tornadoes; Kansas, Iowa batten down for severe weather
- Supreme Court to decide if prayer before town meeting is permissible
- All survive terrifying plane 'belly landing' in Newark
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?