Girl Scouts Distribute Planned Parenthood Sex Guide at UN Meeting
One recent Girl Scout project 'aims at securing the right of women, men and adolescents aged between ten and twenty-five, to better reproductive and sexual health.'
The Girl Scouts, along with the YMCA have been co-moderating a young women´s caucus that included an 'Intergenerational Conversation' side event on 'universal access' and 'reproductive health.'
(NEW YORK – C-FAM) The World Association of Girl Scouts and Girl Guides hosted a no-adults-welcome panel at the United Nations this week where Planned Parenthood was allowed to distribute a brochure entitled "Healthy, Happy and Hot." The event was part of the annual United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) which concludes this week.
The brochure, aimed at young people living with HIV, contains explicit and graphic details on sex, as well as the promotion of casual sex in many forms. The brochure claims, "Many people think sex is just about vaginal or anal intercourse… But, there are lots of different ways to have sex and lots of different types of sex. There is no right or wrong way to have sex. Just have fun, explore and be yourself!"
The brochure goes on to encourage young people to "Improve your sex life by getting to know your own body. Play with yourself! Masturbation is a great way to find out more about your body and what you find sexually stimulating. Mix things up by using different kinds of touch from very soft to hard. Talk about or act out your fantasies. Talk dirty to them."
The brochure also tells students that national laws requiring HIV-positive people to reveal their status to their partner(s) "violate the rights of people living with HIV" and calls for advocacy to "change laws that violate your rights." It explains, "There are many reasons that people do not share their HIV status. … They may worry that people will find out something else they have kept secret, like they are using injecting drugs, having sex outside of a marriage or having sex with people of the same gender."
The Girl Scouts, along with the YMCA have been co-moderating a young women´s caucus that included an "Intergenerational Conversation" side event on "universal access" and "reproductive health." One recent Girl Scout project "aims at securing the right of women, men and adolescents aged between ten and twenty-five, to better reproductive and sexual health."
Also at CSW last week, the heads of various powerful UN agencies including the UN Population Fund, UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), UN Children's Fund and the World Health Organization released a "UN Joint Statement" under the name of the "UN Adolescent Girls Task Force," which calls for their agencies to promote and support programs "that empower … adolescent girls, particularly those aged 10 to 14 years." One of the chief priorities for empowerment is ensuring access to "life-skills based sexuality education, HIV prevention, and sexual and reproductive health."
The New York Times recently reported that UN Population Fund had co-sponsored a very controversial curriculum with UNESCO, that included teaching children as young as five to be sexually active and training adolescents to advocate for abortion.
Wendy Wright, president of Concerned Women of America told the Friday Fax, "Governments and NGOs should be aware of Planned Parenthood´s insidious plan to work with UN agencies and girls´ organizations in order to profit from encouraging kids to be sexually active."
'This author writes for C-FAM. This article first appeared in the Friday Fax, an internet report published weekly by C-FAM (Catholic Family & Human Rights Institute), a New York and Washington DC-based research institute (www.c-fam.org). This article appears with permission."
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Mary, Our Lady of Quatlasupe - She who crushes the head of the serpent, is leading the New Evangelization
- David and Goliath: Radiance Foundation and Ryan Bomberger Defend Children, Stand Up to the NAACP
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- HISTORICAL TREASURE: Shipwreck hunter finds 152-year-old Civil War-era ship in Lake Huron
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?