Vatican Meeting: Americans Attempt to Replace D.C. Area Bishops
Randall Terry led a group to Rome to attempt to replace Archbishop Wuerl of Washington and Bishop Loverde of Arlington.
The purpose was to beg Vatican officials to intervene decisively in the American Catholic Church. Vatican officials were presented with irrefutable evidence that a majority of US bishops refuse to uphold key teachings of the Church.
The entire document -- Oves Sine Pastore (Sheep Without a Shepherd) -- is at www.humbleplea.com. The complete list of requests at tab 5.
Mr. Terry States:
"Our first request was that the Holy See relocate Archbishop Donald Wuerl (D.C.) and Bishop Paul Loverde (Arlington V.A.), and to replace them with bishops who will uphold the laws of the Church -- namely, bishops who refuse to serve Communion to any politician who supports the killing of children by abortion.
"Recent headlines proved our point. Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann, Kansas, recently excommunicated Governor Kathleen Sebelius. President Obama selected her to head Health and Human Services, where she will promote abortion. When she comes to DC, Archbishop Naumann will be scoffed at, she will receive Communion with Archbishop Wuerl's or Bishop Loverde's tacit approval, and American Catholics will descend further into scandal and confusion.
"If these two bishops are relocated, and Bishops of the caliber of Naumann are put in the D.C. area dioceses -- which are watched by the whole world -- it will show all humanity that the Holy See is serious about defending innocent life, and that the Eucharist is not to be profaned or scandalized. It will also tell all U.S. Bishops that the days of fear, equivocation, and outright disobedience are coming to an end."
The delegation met with:
His Excellency, Archbishop Raymond L. Burke, Prefect, Apostolic Signatura;
His Eminence, Antonio Cańizares Llovera, Cardinal, Prefect, Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments;
His Eminence, James Francis Stafford, Cardinal, Major Penitentiary, Apostolic Penitentiary;
Father Thomas Powers, Congregation for Bishops;
His Excellency, Rino Fisichella, Titular Archbishop of Voghenza, President, Pontifical Academy for Life;
Father Kevin Lixey, Pontifical Council for the Laity;
Father Victor Ghillo, Pontifical Council for the Family;
Monsignor Anthony R. Frontiero, Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace; and
Monsignor Richard Soseman, the Congregation for Clergy.
Delegation names -- available for interviews:
Randall Terry 904 687 9806
Tom and Sue Cyr 214 685 1079
Mario and Sandra Paveglio 717 571 7892
Joseph Landry 406 860 9738
Ed Faddoul 563 419 3600
Francis and Catherine Smith
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Courageous Cardinal George Challenges Us to Use Lent as a Time to Take Stock of Our Lives
- Deal Hudson on the Creed: What Kind of One is 'One God'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal Seán Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?