Campbell's Soup Runs Ads Depicting Homosexual 'Family'
One of the ads features two female restaurateurs and a young boy, identifying the women as "partners".
One of the ads features two female restaurateurs and a young boy, identifying the women as "partners," with the boy presumably being the son of one of the women.
The American Family Association (AFA), a pro-family advocacy group, condemned the ads, saying they "send a message that homosexual parents constitute a family and are worthy of support," and that Campbell's Soup is giving "their approval to the entire homosexual agenda."
The AFA has begun a campaign to encourage the company to remain neutral in the culture wars by not supporting homosexual publications and same-sex “marriage” with advertising dollars.
Campbell's spokesman Anthony Sanzio was quoted in the Media Daily News as saying that the company will continue to support the homosexual agenda.
"Our position on this is pretty straightforward," Sanzio said. "Inclusion and diversity play an important role in our business, and that fact is reflected in our marketing plan.
"Our plans for the Swanson brand include additional placements in The Advocate."
A similar campaign was launched by the AFA against McDonald's restaurants last year when it was revealed that the hamburger giant had put an executive on the board of the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and was listed on the group's website as a "Corporate Partner."
A five-month boycott ended successfully in October when McDonald's announced that it had severed its ties to the homosexual business group and declared neutrality in the culture wars as per AFA's request.
In an email to its franchise owners, McDonald's said, "It is our policy to not be involved in political and social issues. McDonald's remains neutral on same sex marriage or any 'homosexual agenda' as defined by the American Family Association."
To express your concern to the Campbell's Soup Company:
President Douglas R. Conant
Campbell Soup Company
1 Campbell Place, Camden, NJ 08103-1701
The AFA Campbell's Soup Action Alert may be found here:
- - -
LifeSiteNews.com is a non-profit Internet service dedicated to issues of culture, life, and family. It was launched in September 1997. LifeSiteNews Daily News reports and information pages are used by numerous organizations and publications, educators, professionals and political, religious and life and family organization leaders and grassroots people across North America and internationally.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Violent Tsarnev friend killed by FBI after blaming Tamerlan for unsolved murders
- Eric Garcetti becomes Los Angeles' first Jewish mayor
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- In the Wake of the Moore Tornado: What Can we Learn from the Disaster?
- Priests for Life: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act Most Significant Legislative Step Forward
- Homeless man whose face was eaten away in cannibal attack recovering
- Court sides with Obama, Osama death photos can remain secret - for your own good
- Largest Burmese Python caught in Miami-Dade County
- Supreme Court to decide if prayer before town meeting is permissible
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?