Terrorists turn against one another, killing FBI and Britain's most wanted, but enigmatic and beautiful 'White Widow' remains at large
Samantha Lewthwaite remains on the run in Africa, serving al Qaeda as a conduit between Africa and Pakistan.
A British terrorist is believed to have been killed in Somalia during a gun battle against his former al-Shabab commanders. Habib Ghani, 28, was ambushed by fellow terrorists. He was also thought to have been involved with a young British woman connected to several terror attacks.
Samantha Lewthwaite with one of her children and her first husband, Jermaine Lindsay, who killed himself in the 7/7 suicide bombings in London.
The elusive Samantha Lewthwaite is known popularly as the "White Widow" and was married to the Jamaican-born 7/7 suicide bomber Jermaine Lindsay. She has since been suspected of funding terror attacks in Kenya.
After the death of Lindsay, Lewthwaite spoke out against her suicide-bomber husband, saying he had been influenced by radicals. She later relocated to Kenya with her three children. In December of 2011 she was detained and questioned by police in that country. Following that detention, she fled to Tanzania and is now thought to be residing in a rural community that lives without electricity beyond the reach of government intrusion. She is wanted by authorities in both Britain and Kenya.
Samantha Lewthwaite converted to Islam as a teenager.
At some point, during her residence in Kenya, it is thought she became involved with Habib Ghani, a British national and Muslim, who fled the country with her. Ghani was thought to be working with terrorists in Africa, including al-Shabab in Somalia. Recently, it is believed he fell out of favor with the leadership of the group and it has since been revealed that he was assassinated during an ambush.
It is thought that al-Shabab leaders have been attacking rivals and eliminating internal opposition to consolidate their power in the region. Reports say that al-Shabab gunmen disguised themselves as camel herders and worked for several days to get close to the village Ghani was hiding in, then attacking his bodyguards and gunning him down. Several of his bodyguards escaped to tell of the attack.
As a bonus, Ghani was thought to have been killed along with Omar Hammami (al-Amriki) and American-born national who joined al-Shabab and also fell out of favor with the group in June. The two terrorists were hiding together.
Omar Hammami, the American, was also killed in the terrorist ambush.
According to authorities, Lewthwaite and Ghani were possibly planning terrorist attacks in Africa to coincide with the tourist season there. The death of Ghani will interrupt those plans. However Lewthwaite remains at large and available to meet another terrorist lover who may be willing to do her evil bidding in Africa.
Lewthwaite is known as the "White Widow" and is perhaps the most dangerous woman in Islam.
Intelligence reports indicate she is a vital link between al Qaeda groups in both Pakistan and East Africa, so it is likely the terrorist group will continue to protect her.
Click to learn about our Saint Michael the Archangel conference this Nov 1-3!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Africa News
- Nelson Mandela es símbolo de reconciliación, dice vocero de Obispos de Sudáfrica
- Revered South African statesman Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Obianuju Ekeocha on World AIDS Day - The Condom and the Killer Virus
- Hoping to boost trade, Kenya launches $13.8 billion China-built railway
- Goodbye Islam - Angola orders all mosques shut down in Islamic ban
- Protests in Angola erupt after deaths of anti-government activists
- Smartphones to bring a $300bn boost to Africa GDP
- Obianuju Ekeocha Calls out Melinda Gates for Turning up the Heat of Population Control in Africa
- Eyes on Malawi: Help Protect the Life and Dignity of African Women and Children!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?