George Alexander Louis is his name: 'George' being the odds on favorite for the royal baby
Announcement by Clarence House brought a real bashing for the bookies.
The baby's official name is His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge. After a few days of arduous decision making, William and Kate finally decided on George Alexander Louis, the name for the newborn third in line to the throne of England.
"The punters were right all along. They've taken us to the cleaners," a Ladbrokes spokesman said.
British bookies are now offering evens on the name George moving up from number 35 in the U.K.'s most popular baby names chart to become the top choice next year.
Both Wills and Kate, both 31 years of age, did not choose the names for any particular significance. According to an unidentified source, "they just liked the sound of them."
It's theorized that close family members may have had some input. The Queen met her new great-grandson for the first time at Kensington Palace this week.
Her Majesty smiled after spending half an hour with the latest tiny addition to the royal family. She is due go on holiday to Balmoral. It's rumored Wills and Kate may take the baby there for a long weekend sometime soon.
Another visitor at Kensington was 28-year-old Uncle Harry who dropped by to see his first nephew and offer his congratulations. The Apache pilot took leave from his base at Wattisham, Suffolk, to make the trip to London.
Kate's 29-year-old sister Pippa along with brother James along with Pippa's boyfriend 35-year-old Nico Jackson had already met the then-unnamed royal baby the night before.
They were waiting at Kensington Palace when William and Kate brought him home for the first time from St. Mary's Hospital in Paddington, Central London, on Tuesday evening.
After his hectic meet and greet session, little George was secured in his £80 Britax Baby-Safe car seat by his parents for his first family outing.
He was whisked away in a Range Rover to stay with Kate's parents Carole and Michael at the £4.7 million home in Bucklebury, Berks.
Fittingly, it's a Georgian mansion.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- Participating in the Resurrection Now: Pope Francis On Our Resurrection From the Dead
- El Papa: Si las palabras cristianas son palabras sin Cristo se recorre
- Christians of East and West Must Give Common Witness: Pope Francis Writes Patriarch Bartholomew
- Turkish churches get radical makeover - by being turned in to mosques
- Francis Xavier, Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Catholic Church
- Domestic abuse thrust into open in Greece
- Papa Francisco expresa su oración y solidaridad por víctimas de tragedia en Escocia
- Best-selling author links Jack the Ripper to Royal Family
- Con referéndum Croacia protege matrimonio entre hombre y mujer
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?