'Dear Malala, this is why we tried to kill you'
Evil letter tells teenage terrorist survivor why she posed threat to Taliban society
In an evil letter highlighting their monstrous agenda, a Taliban commander has written to Pakistani schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai, explaining why they tried to kill her. Sixteen-year-old Malala was shot in the head by the group, but survived to become a spokesperson for education for women and girls worldwide.
Terrorist Adnan Rasheed, inset, penned a thoughtful note to Malala Yousafzai as to why the Taliban tried to kill her. No thanks.
The shooting sparked worldwide condemnation and Malala was flown to Britain for treatment.
Speedily recovering, Malala was able to give a speech at the United Nations in New York on her 16th birthday last week. The incident, she says, has given her new courage to fight for the right of all children to have a free education.
The letter from Rasheed, freed in a mass jail break last year after he was arrested over a plot to murder Pakistan's former president, falls short of offering a full apology to Malala.
"When you were attacked it was shocking for me. I wished it would never happened and I had advised you before." He clarifies that she was shot not because she went to school, but because she had spoken out against the Taliban in Pakistan.
"Taliban believe that you were intentionally writing against them and running a smearing campaign to malign their efforts to establish Islamic system in Swat and your writings were provocative," he wrote.
"You have said in your [U.N.] speech yesterday that pen is mightier than sword, so they attacked you for your sword not for your books or school."
Rasheed added that he was not against the principle of girls being educated, just a western education - which he said followed a "satanic or secular curriculum."
The letter then takes on an odd tone as Rasheed tries to defend the assassination attempt.
Malala, he writes, had to be silenced because she was "running a smearing campaign to malign their efforts to establish Islamic system in Swat and your writings were provocative."
He then says that the Taliban is not against education for women, challenging her on why she was shot.
"There were thousands of girls who were going to school before and after the Taliban insurgency in Swat, would you explain why were only you on their hit list???" he asks.
"You and the UNO is pretending that as you were shot due to education, although this is not the reason, be honest, not the education but your propaganda was the issue and what you are doing now."
Rasheed also defends the destruction of schools in Swat Valley by the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, claiming they are being used by the Pakistani army, and "when something sacred is turned lethal it needs to be eliminated this is the policy of Taliban."
The letter then jumps the rails completely. Rasheed claims the Western nations are in "conspiracy with Jews and freemasons" he also calls President Barack Obama a mass murderer and claims polio vaccinations are a sterilization program.
Rasheed finishes his letter, dated on July 15th, that Malala should "come back home, adopt the Islamic and Pushtoon culture, join any female Islamic madrassa near your home town."
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Asia Pacific News
- Some Filipino Catholics called to task for their failure to fight corruption
- TRUE ENEMY: North Korea methamphetamine trade fueled by U.S. demand
- Oh my! It's raining dead mice on Guam!
- Breastfeeding for infant survivors of Typhoon Haiyan urged
- Cradle baby scheme in India cuts female infanticide
- In spite of U.S. military occupation, opium production at all-time high in Afghanistan
- China launches first moon mission with unmanned lunar probe
- IS THIS PROGRESS? Adulterers may now be stoned in Afghanistan
- Earliest ever 'Buddhist shrine' uncovered by archaeologists
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?