Obama tells Northern Ireland its Catholic and Protestant insitutions are divisive
Comparing religious schools to segregation in the American South, Obama told the Irish they should not have separate schools for Catholics and Protestants in the historically divided region.
Obama referred to painful episodes in American history including the Civil War and segregation to drive home his point that separations can be harmful to society and that unity is better.
However, President Obama omitted the fact that even in the United States, divisions remain. There remain Catholic and Protestant schools, as well as secular for example. Would Obama break these schools?
President Obama has been one of the most hostile presidents in history to the Catholic Church. His healthcare plan features a provision that directly affronts Catholic (and all Christian) moral teaching, and despite the protections promised by the First Amendment, he insists on imposing his will on all Christians.
At his order, Catholics are expected to bend the knee and pay for contraceptives, abortifacients, and ultimately abortions, despite their incredible moral cost.
In Northern Ireland, Christian education is entirely laudable, be it Catholic or Protestant, if it properly forms the mind of a child. Moral Christians do not murder, do not discriminate, and do not impose their inhuman will upon others.
Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Obama.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- Pope Francis: Jesus Became Poor, So that by His Poverty You Might Become Rich
- DEFIANT RUSSIA: Leadership disregarding tough talk from Obama
- Long-lost pirate's treasure could be hidden off Irish coast
- British mom gets second opinion - and finds her unborn baby ALIVE, in spite of doctors
- Calling the Ecclesial Movements: Pope Francis Encourages Focolare, all the Movements, So Do We!
- Oops! Pope Francis accidentally mutters obscenity
- One rape or sexual assault reported by members of the Armed Forces - EVERY WEEK
- Pope Francis Writes to Families Seeking Prayer for the Synod on the Family
- After scandal, overseer gives Legion of Christ clean bill of health
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?