Kids learn murder at summer camp in Gaza
Some 100,000 kids to form the next generation of terrorists.
As summer arrives over the northern hemisphere, children around the globe's northern half will make their way to summer camps where they will learn new arts and crafts, make new friends, and enjoy the great outdoors. Except for children in Gaza. They will learn murder at their camp.
About 100,000 children will practice marching, shooting, kidnapping and killing in Gaza this summer.
The kids will participate in religious activities and sporting events. Alongside these, they will learn how to shoot rifles, how to operate as snipers, launch rockets, and even how to kidnap Israeli soldiers.
The various organizations take the camps seriously, looking to them for the next generation of recruits for their anti-Israeli activities.
Students in Gaza already learn how to shoot weapons and handle live ammunition as part of their school curriculum.
According to Hamas, the goal of the camps is to instill children with values, and a spirit of jihad.
Gaza remains blockaded by Israel, which undoubtedly fuels the spirit of persecution and jihad in the region. The summer camps are merely an extension of that spirit.
To combat this upwelling of militancy, the UNHCR is sponsoring sports-related summer camps for children, no rifles involved. That agency expects to outdo the jihadist camps, with 150,000 children anticipated for this year.
Still, what a tragedy that while most kids are roasting marshmallows or kicking soccer balls, a hundred thousand children are learning how to murder other people.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lord’s invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- Defiant Iranian women doff mandated head scarves
- Starvation used as weapon of war in Syria
- WARNING GRAPHIC: Supposed 'US spy' is crucified in Yemen
- Amazing Stone Age masks go on display in Jerusalem
- 3,300 year old Selfie? Silver earrings from Biblical era discovered in northern Israel
- Syria to replace Afghanistan as nation with highest refugee population
- New film draws attention to plight of Christians in the Middle East
- Latest death toll in Syrian civil war: More than 140,000
- Barrel bombs used in Aleppo send Syrians fleeing for their lives
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?