Evil Face of Jihad in London Suburb: Muslim Attackers Hack a Young Soldier to Death and Behead Him
After the murder, mutilation and decapitation, the hands of the one with meat cleaver and machete were soaked in the innocent blood of the young soldier
Since this evil act was first reported, I have been struck by the number of reporters who have expressed their inability to find words to describe the horror. We better develop the vocabulary quickly because what occurred in London is the evil face of Jihad and it is not going away. We have an obligation to warn the West. We are facing an ideology which is deadly on many fronts. These evil acts are increasing and present a real and present danger. In addition, the ideology behind them is seducing our young people. It is time for courage and clarity in our communication
LONDON, England(Catholic Online) - As the media struggles with verbal paralysis in the wake of the despicable, barbaric and evil action of crazed Islamic Jihadists in London, the Ministry of Defense identified the victim as Lee Rigby, whose nickname was 'Riggers'. In a touching summary of the exemplary service of this young soldier and loving father, whose two year old son is now left orphaned, two of his colleagues paid tribute.
One said, "Riggers is what every battalion needs. He was one of the battalion's great characters, always smiling and always ready to brighten the mood with his fellow Fusiliers." The other, "Drummer Rigby was a loving father, with a very bubbly character. He was an excellent drummer, loved his job, and was a highly popular member of the platoon."
Now, Riggers is dead and a Nation, indeed the entire West, is stunned. The sheer evil of the ideology which fueled the barbaric act of brutality is exposed for the whole world to see. The veneer of safety which the good people of that section of London probably relied upon has also been evaporated. It is beyond time for the West to wake up.
The two Jihadists initially ran their car into the soldier. They then got out of the car in broad daylight, armed with a gun, knives and a machete and hacked the young innocent soldier to death. Then, they beheaded him. All in broad daylight, with onllookers passing by.
The evil face and bloody hands of one of the two Jihadists has been broadcast over every major media outlet. They wanted it that way.
They actually asked some confused onlookers to film them. They were quite proud of the evil act they committed. In addition to seeing the face of evil and witnessing the brazen arrogance of the Jihadist still holding the meat cleaver and knife in his blood soaked hands, we hear his message.
While engaged in killing this innocent young man, the Islamist terrorists first shouted 'Allahu Akbar'. We all know by now what that means "God is Great." One of them wielded a gun and the other a meat cleaver and machete.
After the murder, mutilation and decapitation, the hands of the one with meat cleaver and machete were soaked in the innocent blood of the young soldier whom he had hacked to death. Waving them proudly he spoke loudly, in a British accent, and with little emotion:
"By Allah we swear by the almighty Allah and we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone. Leave our lands and we can all live in peace, that's all I have to say. I apologize that women had to witness this today, but in our land our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government. They don't care about you."
This radical Jihadi Preacher with the blood-soaked hands has now been identified as Michael Adebolajo. He is 28 years old. Reliable reports indicate that he was once a Christian, growing up in East London, where he became involved with Islam at age fifteen.
It is reported that he embraced an overtly Jihadist form Islam and the ideology consumed his very identity. His parents even moved to attempt to try and prevent the process, but to no avail. He is a British citizen, born in England, and of Nigerian descent. He officially converted to Islam in 2003 and changed his name to Mujahid. The name means one who takes part in Jihad.
Since this evil act was first reported, I have been struck by the number of reporters who have expressed their inability to find words to describe the horror. We better develop the vocabulary quickly because what occurred in London is the evil face of Jihad and it is not going away.
We have an obligation to warn the West. We are facing an ideology which is deadly on many fronts. These evil acts are increasing and present a real and present danger. In addition, the ideology behind them is seducing our young people. It is time for courage and clarity in our communication.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- Pope Francis: Jesus Became Poor, So that by His Poverty You Might Become Rich
- DEFIANT RUSSIA: Leadership disregarding tough talk from Obama
- Long-lost pirate's treasure could be hidden off Irish coast
- British mom gets second opinion - and finds her unborn baby ALIVE, in spite of doctors
- Calling the Ecclesial Movements: Pope Francis Encourages Focolare, all the Movements, So Do We!
- Oops! Pope Francis accidentally mutters obscenity
- One rape or sexual assault reported by members of the Armed Forces - EVERY WEEK
- Pope Francis Writes to Families Seeking Prayer for the Synod on the Family
- After scandal, overseer gives Legion of Christ clean bill of health
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?