Declared the antichrist, three-day-old baby burned to death by Chilean cult leader
Baby's mother allegedly approved of sacrifice
In a horrific example of religious cultism, a church leader in rural Chile cast a three-day-old baby on to a roaring bonfire after declaring the child the antichrist. The baby's 25-year-old mother allegedly approved of the sacrifice.
Ringleader Ramon Gustavo Castillo Gaete was last seen traveling to Peru to buy ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic brew plant that he used to control the members of the rite.
Chilean police have arrested four people accused of taking part in the ritual.
Investigators said that the three-day-old baby girl was placed on a board with her mouth taped before being thrown into the flames. Taken to a hill in the town of Colliguay, near the Chilean port of Valparaiso, the ritual took place last November.
The baby's mother, 25-year-old Natalia Guerra, had allegedly approved the sacrifice.
Miguel Ampuero, of the Police investigative Unit, Chile's equivalent of the FBI, said: "The baby was naked. They strapped tape around her mouth to keep her from screaming. Then they placed her on a board. After calling on the spirits they threw her on the bonfire alive."
Authorities say that the 12-member sect was formed in 2005 and was led by Gaete, who remains at large.
"Everyone in this sect was a professional," Ampuero said. "We have someone who was a veterinarian and who worked as a flight attendant, we have a filmmaker, a draftsman. Everyone has a university degree."
Ringleader Gaete was last seen traveling to Peru to buy ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic brew plant that he used to control the members of the rite.
The child's mother remains in custody with the three other cult members. Gaete is believed to have been the child's father.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Americas News
- Sebastián Piñeira: 'Lo correcto y sabio' es defender la vida y oponerse al aborto
- Fútbol: Cardenal Cipriani y Parma de Italia juntos en pro de niños pobres de Manchay
- The evil pit of despair that awaits illegal immigrants deported to Tijuana
- ¡Dios no es una amenaza para el ser humano!, clama el Papa Francisco
- Fracking protesters in Canada set up burning tire blockade, dance around flames
- Brazilian teen girls becoming prostitutes before World Cup in bid to escape poverty
- Organizan en Argentina bicicletada por la libertad religiosa
- Madre de Gustavo Cerati: Dios es quien decide sobre la vida y la muerte de mi hijo
- Mexican drug cartels now illegally mining iron ore for shipment to China
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?