You won't believe this! Inside Saudi Arabia's 'prison' for terrorists
Inmates recieve rehabilitation through luxury.
For terrorists, the prison experience can be harrowing, especially in other countries where civil rights aren't a thing. However, in Saudi Arabia, prison for terrorists is eerily like a resort vacation. That's because the oil-rich state has built luxury rehabilitation facilities for former terrorists.
Jailed terrorists are housed in one of 5 centers throughout the kingdom where they can enjoy some comfort. The facility in Riyadh is the finest of them all.
At the Riyadh facility, inmates enjoy an Olympic-size pool, a sauna, a gymnasium that even includes pool tables for recreation. There is a room devoted to television and entertainment and the mess hall looks like an upscale cafeteria.
The inmates at these facilities can even enjoy conjugal visits with their wives in rooms built specially for the purpose.
The facility has a medical unit to ensure they remain healthy and well, and there are special rooms where they can attend classes designed to moderate their beliefs.
The classes have been criticized as not being moderate enough, but the program claims about a 90 percent success rate.
To be sent to this dungeon of luxury, one must be convicted of being a terrorist. Terrorists just like the ones the U.S. says are the world's deadliest, and who are apprehended by Saudi authorities as they operate in the southern portion of the country.
That means if you belong to an extremist organization, bent of terrorizing innocent people, overthrowing moderate governments, oppressing women, and if need be, killing innocent people, you too can someday land in the lap of luxury.
The approach may be effective however it's the principle of the approach that many, at least in the western world, will find so offensive.
Terrorism is an extreme offense against humanity, and it should be punished with equal alacrity.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- 'Family honor' slayings on the rise in some communities in Palestine
- More than 100,000 Ethiopians expelled from Saudi Arabia
- Free the Nuns of St. Thekla! Pope, Orthodox Leaders Urge Prayer for Kidnapped Nuns in Syria
- 'Tolerant' Muslims threaten holy war if Jews try to pray at site of ancient temple
- Embajador palestino en España se ofrece a cambio de liberación de doce religiosas en Siria
- HIV cases skyrocketing in Iran
- THIS OLD HOUSE: Amazing 10,000-year-old house uncovered in Israel
- Young girls and boys tortured and executed in Syrian civil war
- A VERY OLD TOAST! 3,700-year-old wine cellar found
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?