Former sex slave tells of her ordeal that began at the age of 11
Court testimony tells how she was repeatedly beaten, tortured and raped by multiple men
Her ordeal began at the age of 11 when she was sold by her father to Mohammed Karrar, now 38 years of age, who then loaned her out to multiple groups of men who sexually abused and tortured her. Just one of many horrific incidents was when Karrar branded her with a hairpin.
The victim was repeatedly raped by large groups of men in what she described as 'torture sex,' the jury was told last month.
The victim was repeatedly raped by large groups of men in what she described as "torture sex," the jury was told last month.
Seven men of Pakistani origin and two from North Africa are accused of 79 offences against six vulnerable white British girls. Charges include child rape, sexual trafficking and child prostitution.
The prosecutions says that Karrar befriended the girl with gifts of perfume and hard drugs but then began to beat her up and raped her, the Old Bailey was told.
"He regarded her as his property," Lucas said. "He showed her no regard. If she had the temerity to resist, he beat her. "He branded her to make her his property and to ensure others knew about it."
At the age of 12, the victim was introduced to Karrar's 33-year-old brother Bassam who is also accused of raping her.
The girl "describes the Karrars as sick sex monsters", Lucas said. "They were always talking about sex and spoke about women in a vile manner. Mohammed Karrar liked her to dress up and act out role play. Both brothers used to beat her."
The prosecution says that the victim was sold to groups of Asian men who violently raped her in private homes and guesthouses around Oxford and elsewhere. Sometimes she was injected with heroin or given date drugs to ensure she complied with the gang's sick demands.
"It became routine for her to be taken to various locations, houses and hotels by the Karrar brothers so she could treat their guests. She would be made to dress up, wear very short skirts and a bikini top, do her hair and put on lots of make-up," Lucas says.
By the end of the evening she would have been sexually used and abused by all the men. She would be so drugged up as to be unable to feel the pain."
On other occasions, Karrar raped the girl in the living room of her own home as her father slept in another room, it was said. The girl, who came from a troubled family, naively believed "Mo" loved her and was going to marry her when she was 16, the court heard.
In January 2008, she told police a man called "Egyptian Mo" had raped her in London nine months previously. Two years later the girl contacted her alleged attacker for an apology but was raped again, the court heard. The trial is ongoing.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: sex slave, rape, torture, Oxford, trial testimony
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- Pentecostal Pope Calls Ecclesial Movements and the Whole Church to Newness, Unity and Mission
- Historic Meeting between Pope Francis and Coptic Patriarch, Tawadros II, Fosters Christian Unity
- Pope Francis Shakes up the Ambassadors Meeting and Addresses Economic Issues
- AU CONTRAIRE! Economic crisis has been 'pulling European public opinion apart'
- Pope Calls Whole Church to Encounter Jesus Christ Personally Through the Holy Spirit
- France ponder one percent 'Internet tax' to fund domestic computer production
- Pope Francis Canonizes 802 Saints: 800 Martyrs of Otranto and Two Latin American Foundresses
- Growth in Number of Catholics Worldwide, Along with Priests and Deacons
- Scientists confirm that Roman Empire was destroyed by plague
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?