Islamist bullies terrorize London with their version of Sharia law
Muslim youth record hateful activities with crude camera
An extremist "Muslim Patrol" attempting to enforce Sharia law in East London by coercion and bullying has been condemned by England's imams. The group has posted several YouTube videos of verbal attacks on passerby walking through Tower Hamlets area of London.
The Muslim Patrol in one video tells a woman wearing a short skirt that she 'cannot dress like that in a Muslim area.' In another video, they harass a young man, saying that he looks like a homosexual. (Bad Quality Photo)
The self-styled "Muslim Patrol" group has posted videos of three verbal attacks online. Out of the guilty parties in the attacks, at least five have been arrested on suspicion of harassment, according to CNN. While the group's alleged purpose is to defend Islamic morals, numerous local and national Muslim leaders have denounced their dubious methods.
Beginning their patrol late at night, the group makes sure that their faces don't appear on camera. The attacks were based in the Tower Hamlets area in London, some happening right outside an East London Mosque.
The Muslim Patrol in one video tells a woman wearing a short skirt that she "cannot dress like that in a Muslim area." In another video, they harass a young man, saying that he looks like a homosexual.
"What's wrong with your face, mate? Why you dressed like that for? You need to get out of here. You're dirty, mate," an anonymous attacker said on a video obtained by CNN.
The patrol also accosts a man drinking a beer while walking through the streets. An anonymous voice stops him and says, "This is a Muslim area, okay? Alcohol bad." The group claim that these vices are contributing to the moral degradation of their neighborhoods.
"Alcohol is causing so much problems in the area; in fact it's blighting the area. It causes crime, it causes people misbehaving and drunken disorderly behavior," Abdul Muhid, part of the Muslim Patrol says.
Religious leaders are not impressed with this group's efforts. In fact, members of the East London Mosque have condemned the Muslim Patrol's actions.
In a statement, the mosque's leaders said that "These actions are utterly unacceptable and clearly designed to stoke tensions and sow discord ... The actions of this tiny minority have no place in our faith or on our streets."
Fueling the condemnation, the Muslim Council of Britain has rejected the notion that there is any scriptural basis for this type of harassment.
"All of it was very, very un-Islamic," Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra of the Muslim Council of Britain told newspaper journalists.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: East London, Muslim, Sharia law, harassment, YouTube
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- Historic Meeting between Pope Francis and Coptic Patriarch, Tawadros II, Fosters Christian Unity
- Pope Francis Shakes up the Ambassadors Meeting and Addresses Economic Issues
- AU CONTRAIRE! Economic crisis has been 'pulling European public opinion apart'
- Pope Calls Whole Church to Encounter Jesus Christ Personally Through the Holy Spirit
- France ponder one percent 'Internet tax' to fund domestic computer production
- Pope Francis Canonizes 802 Saints: 800 Martyrs of Otranto and Two Latin American Foundresses
- Growth in Number of Catholics Worldwide, Along with Priests and Deacons
- Scientists confirm that Roman Empire was destroyed by plague
- Unemployed youth in Greece now above 60 percent
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?