Jihadist terrorists proclaim imminent attacks on U.S. soil
Jihadists promise shocking attacks on U.S., allies.
A jihadist website is promising more attacks against the U.S. and France, as well as allies, saying the attacks will be "shocking." Jihadists expressed their threats in a post entitled "Map of al Qaeda and its future strikes," on the well known website, Ansar Al Mujahidin.
The post also threatens other nations, ""Where will the next strike by al Qaeda be? The answer for it, in short: The coming strikes by al Qaeda, with God's Might, will be in the heart of the land of nonbelief, America, and in France, Denmark, other countries in Europe, in the countries that helped and are helping France, and in other places that shall be named by al Qaeda at other times."
The post also adds the attacks will include groups, lone wolves, and car bombs.
They will be "strong, serious, alarming, earth-shattering, shocking and terrifying," the post promises.
Intelligence and government officials are taking the threat seriously because Ansar Al-Mujahedin has been a credible source of information in the past.
Since 9-11, U.S. officials have been successful in dismantling al-Qaeda and preventing subsequent attacks on American soil. However, officials fear that it is only a matter of time before a determined al-Qaeda attacker achieves some kind of success.
Meanwhile, the U.S. continues to conduct aggressive counter-terrorism operations around the world, frequently killing al-Qaeda and other terror group leaders in drone strikes. Although the strikes are controversial because they violate international sovereignty, they are also regarded as necessary by counter-terrorism officials who say that without them, these terrorists would evade justice.
For now, Americans are asked to remain vigilant and to report suspicious activity to the authorities. While there is little reason to believe an attack is imminent, it should be clear that al-Qaeda is serious in their intentions.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- More than 100,000 Ethiopians expelled from Saudi Arabia
- Free the Nuns of St. Thekla! Pope, Orthodox Leaders Urge Prayer for Kidnapped Nuns in Syria
- 'Tolerant' Muslims threaten holy war if Jews try to pray at site of ancient temple
- Embajador palestino en España se ofrece a cambio de liberación de doce religiosas en Siria
- HIV cases skyrocketing in Iran
- THIS OLD HOUSE: Amazing 10,000-year-old house uncovered in Israel
- Young girls and boys tortured and executed in Syrian civil war
- A VERY OLD TOAST! 3,700-year-old wine cellar found
- 5,000-year-old salt mines built by prehistoric men still in use today
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?