Netanyahu: 'Medieval Forces of Radical Islam ... Want to Extinguish Freedom'
The medieval forces of radical Islam, whom you just saw storming the American embassies throughout the Middle East
That intolerance is directed first to their fellow Muslims, then to Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, secular people - anyone who doesn't submit to their unforgiving creed. They want to drag humanity back to an age of unquestioning dogma, unrelenting conflict.
NEW YORK, NY (CNS News.com) - Speaking to the United Nations General Assembly on Thursday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that "medieval forces of radical Islam ... want to extinguish freedom."
"We want to see the three great religions that sprang forth from our region - Judaism, Christianity and Islam - coexist in peace and in mutual respect. Yet, the medieval forces of radical Islam, whom you just saw storming the American embassies throughout the Middle East. Well, they oppose this," he said.
"They seek supremacy over all Muslims. They are bent on world conquest. They want to destroy Israel, Europe, America. They want to extinguish freedom. They want to end the modern world," he added.
Netanyahu described the branches of "militant Islam," which he said includes the rulers of Iran's Revolutionary Guards and al Qaeda.
"Despite their differences," he said, "they're all rooted in the same bitter soil of intolerance."
"That intolerance is directed first to their fellow Muslims, then to Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, secular people - anyone who doesn't submit to their unforgiving creed. They want to drag humanity back to an age of unquestioning dogma, unrelenting conflict," Netanyahu said.
"They want to drag humanity back to an age of unquestioning dogma, unrelenting conflict. I'm sure of one thing: ultimately, they will fail. Ultimately, light will penetrate the darkness," he added.
- - -
CNSNews.com is a division of the Media Research Center, a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) organization. Like National Public Radio and the Public Broadcasting System, CNSNews.com is able to provide its services and information to the public at no cost, thanks to the generous support of our thousands of donors and their tax-deductible contributions.This article is reprinted with permission.
Keywords: Jihad, Iran, Benjamin Netanyahu, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, UNited Nations, Islam, Militant, Melanie Hunter
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- You'll be surprised to see what Palestinians are smuggling into Gaza
- Use Twitter, go to HELL
- As death and destruction rain down in Syria, refugees flee with lives to Jordan
- Hezbollah can reach Israel with missiles, report says
- Did intervention in Iraq unjustly discriminate against the Christians there?
- With Hezbollah statement, Syrian conflict threatens to spread into multinational conflict
- Chemical weapons in Syria - Did they or didn't they?
- The Most Powerful Weapon for Peace in Syria, The Trappist Nuns of Allepo
- Butchered in Baniyas! Women, children slaughtered in Syria (GRAPHIC WARNING)
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?