Is America stupid? World War III has begun. Wake up, America!
World War III has been declared, why do we ignore it?
Few Americans seem to realize it, but World War III has already begun. With angry Muslims storming embassies, the fundamentalist, Islamic jihadists have come out en masse to perpetrate violence against whomever they can, preferably Americans, and it's all our fault.
By their fruits, ye shall know them.
For every Muslim rioting in the streets, there may be a thousand sitting at home. However, that thousand has a different job, which they are refusing to take up - that is the opposition and the punishment of those who would target the innocent. By sitting meekly at home, they passively condone the evil perpetrated by their brethren.
The rioters in the streets of countries around the globe truly hate America. They are not simply angry over a crudely produced film that is frankly unworthy of being watched. The film is so poor in its quality and message that it is unworthy of anything but the dustbin. However, it does make a fine excuse to run riot and kill innocent people one hates without fear of retribution.
For the Muslim extremist this is more than enough for casus belli.
That is what we must recognize, and it must dictate our response. For now, we have clearly adopted a pacifist stance, and truly, no good Christian would rightfully advocate violence. However, a stern response is still required. There must be consequences for the destruction of life and property and the failure of each nation's police force to protect the innocent.
These misdeeds cannot happen without the tacit approval of the governments in the nations where they occur. It represents a failure of government in those countries. However, this is also an American failure.
Consider the drug violence in Mexico. Armed gangs rule with violence over swathes of the countryside and sections of cities and again, the US is to blame. That is because they're warring over American dollars, generated by our insatiable demand for their drugs. Without our demand, they would not even exist.
The same goes for the Islamic world, particularly those countries where we buy oil and send foreign aid. If not for our dollars, they would hardly exist. The appropriate response to these misdeeds is to demand justice and contribute the required resources to find the organizers of these riots and bring them to trial.
Beyond that, we must curb our lust for foreign oil, or at least source it from nations that are more politically stable. We should send not one dollar to any nation that fails to keep the peace and bring those guilty of attacks on Americans to justice.
This will be bitter medicine for us, in some ways. It will require, in the short term, the development of domestic energy resources, including oil supplies. Over the longer term, we must devote ourselves to developing alternative energy solutions. We have the talent and ability to do this, however, we have thus far lacked the consensus and the resolve to make the commitment.
For now, there is much we can do. We can, and must respond to the Islamic jihadist declaration of holy war with the strongest, most powerful weapons in our arsenal. To be clear, those resources are prayer, unity, sensible energy policy, commitment and resolve, and the agents and implements of justice.
World War III has begun. Wake up, America!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- CHILD TRAGEDY IN SYRIA - UNICEF warns children deprived of food, education, play
- New magazine called Resurgence advises jihadis in the west
- Defiant Iranian women doff mandated head scarves
- Starvation used as weapon of war in Syria
- WARNING GRAPHIC: Supposed 'US spy' is crucified in Yemen
- Amazing Stone Age masks go on display in Jerusalem
- 3,300 year old Selfie? Silver earrings from Biblical era discovered in northern Israel
- Syria to replace Afghanistan as nation with highest refugee population
- New film draws attention to plight of Christians in the Middle East
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?