Iranian president delivers vitriolic tirade 'annihilation of Israel'
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says ultimate goal must be the annihilation of Israel
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad delivered a fiery Ramadan speech to Islamic country ambassadors. In short, Ahmadinejad declared that the liberation of Palestine will solve all world problems and that the ultimate goal of world forces must be the annihilation of Israel.
Among other claims, Iranian President Ahmadinejad has called the Holocaust a myth and previously called for Israel's annihilation in a 2005 speech in which he used a Persian phrase that translates literally as 'wiped off the page of time.'
The Iranian president, using the usual anti-Semitic slurs accused "Zionists" of controlling the world's media and financial systems, who he says are "behind the scene of the world's main powers, media, monetary and banking centers.
"They are the decision makers, to the extent that the presidential election hopefuls [of the U.S.] must go and kiss the feet of the Zionists to ensure their election victory," he added.
Ahmadinejad added that "liberating Palestine" would solve all the world's problems, although he did not give further details on exactly how that might work.
"Qods Day is not merely a strategic solution for the Palestinian problem, as it is to be viewed as a key for solving the world problems," he said.
"Anyone who loves freedom and justice must strive for the annihilation of the Zionist regime in order to pave the way for world justice and freedom."
The Iranian president said that Israel reinforced "the dominance of arrogant powers in the region and across the globe" and that Arab countries in particular - he cited Bahrain, Yemen, Libya, Syria and Turkey - were affected by Israel's "plots."
Among other claims, Ahmadinejad has called the Holocaust a myth and previously called for Israel's annihilation in a 2005 speech in which he used a Persian phrase that translates literally as "wiped off the page of time."
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, speech, Israel, Ramadan
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- The Truth About Syria: Persecution of Syrian Christians Cries Out For Prayer and Action
- Kids learn murder at summer camp in Gaza
- How one man started a movement by standing still
- Syria accused in 'ethnic cleansing' of Sunni Muslims
- Obama to arm Syrian rebels after Assad chemical weapons use confirmed
- Syrian death toll of 92,901 feared to be conservative estimate
- 15-year-old Syrian boy gunned down by Islamist terriorists for heretical comment
- Iconic image of pepper sprayed woman becomes icon of resistance, feminism
- Oops? Obama administration publishes details of secret Israeli military base
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?