Iranian president delivers vitriolic tirade 'annihilation of Israel'
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says ultimate goal must be the annihilation of Israel
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad delivered a fiery Ramadan speech to Islamic country ambassadors. In short, Ahmadinejad declared that the liberation of Palestine will solve all world problems and that the ultimate goal of world forces must be the annihilation of Israel.
Among other claims, Iranian President Ahmadinejad has called the Holocaust a myth and previously called for Israel's annihilation in a 2005 speech in which he used a Persian phrase that translates literally as "wiped off the page of time."
The Iranian president, using the usual anti-Semitic slurs accused "Zionists" of controlling the world's media and financial systems, who he says are "behind the scene of the world's main powers, media, monetary and banking centers.
"They are the decision makers, to the extent that the presidential election hopefuls [of the U.S.] must go and kiss the feet of the Zionists to ensure their election victory," he added.
Ahmadinejad added that "liberating Palestine" would solve all the world's problems, although he did not give further details on exactly how that might work.
"Qods Day is not merely a strategic solution for the Palestinian problem, as it is to be viewed as a key for solving the world problems," he said.
"Anyone who loves freedom and justice must strive for the annihilation of the Zionist regime in order to pave the way for world justice and freedom."
The Iranian president said that Israel reinforced "the dominance of arrogant powers in the region and across the globe" and that Arab countries in particular - he cited Bahrain, Yemen, Libya, Syria and Turkey - were affected by Israel's "plots."
Among other claims, Ahmadinejad has called the Holocaust a myth and previously called for Israel's annihilation in a 2005 speech in which he used a Persian phrase that translates literally as "wiped off the page of time."
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- Amazing Stone Age masks go on display in Jerusalem
- 3,300 year old Selfie? Silver earrings from Biblical era discovered in northern Israel
- Syria to replace Afghanistan as nation with highest refugee population
- New film draws attention to plight of Christians in the Middle East
- Latest death toll in Syrian civil war: More than 140,000
- Barrel bombs used in Aleppo send Syrians fleeing for their lives
- Only Catholic Church appears able to aid starving population of Homs, Syria
- Demolition of Palestinian homes spikes on eve peace negotiations
- What's Really Behind the Persecution of Christians in the Middle East?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?