The Dialogue Continues: Vatican Acknowledges Communication from SSPX
Hopefully this will quell the growing speculation in the blogosphere
The recently concluded General Chapter of the Priestly Society of St. Pius X has addressed a declaration regarding the possibility of a canonical normalisation in the relationship of the Society and the Holy See. While it has been made public, the declaration remains primarily an internal document for study and discussion among the members of the Society.
VATICAN CITY (Catholic online) - With its customary short - yet completely accurate - Press Releases in such delicate matters, the Holy See released the following Press Release on Thursday, July 19, 2012:
"Early this afternoon, the Holy See Press Office released the following English-language communique concerning the declaration which emerged from the General Chapter of the Priestly Society of St. Pius X.
"The recently concluded General Chapter of the Priestly Society of St. Pius X has addressed a declaration regarding the possibility of a canonical normalisation in the relationship of the Society and the Holy See. While it has been made public, the declaration remains primarily an internal document for study and discussion among the members of the Society.
"The Holy See has taken note of this declaration, but awaits the forthcoming official communication of the Priestly Society as their dialogue with the Pontifical Commission 'Ecclesia Dei' continues".
Hopefully this will quell the growing speculation in the blogosphere. So much of the energy spent in this speculation could be better utilized in focused and fervent prayer for healing of this wound in the Body of Christ.
Pope Benedict's tireless effort to heal a rift within the Church which began 24 years ago - and finally end the division between the SSPX and Rome - is one more sign that his paternal heart beats with the desire for unity revealed in the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It is not the Lord's desire that there be divisions in the His Body. Pope Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
"Father, may they be one. so that the world may believe." (John 17:21) This pope hears these words of the Master and responds accordinagly. We add a hearty "Amen" to his efforts. We invite our readers around the globe to join with us in focused prayer for a fruitful result.
There is plenty of room in the Catholic Church for a full expression of legitimate diversity within orthodoxy (right doctrine) and orthopraxy (right practice). In a world increasingly besieged, we need a truly restored Church to engage in a new missionary age.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: SSPX, FSSPX, Cardinal Burke, Bishop Fellay, Pope Benedict XVI, healing
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- Pope Francis: Open the Door to Faith and Do Not Try to Control
- Evil Face of Jihad in London Suburb: Muslim Attackers Hack a Young Soldier to Death and Behead Him
- 'World's oldest profession' suffers downturn in U.K.; food, mortgage more important than sex
- Businesses, not employees to foot 75 percent tax increase in France
- Undeterred by terrorists, mother and daughter comfort dying British soldier in London
- Flight diverted above United Kingdom after two passengers make bomb threats
- Priest Tells of Being Whipped by the Devil in the Land of Missions
- Pope Francis Calls Italian Bishops to a Renewed Pastoral Vision
- British soldier hacked to death in brazen attack by Islamic terrorists, stopped by prayerful, courageous women
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?