Synod 2012: The New Evangelization for the Transmission of Christian Faith
The document will serve as the basis of reflection and discussion during the course of the three weeks' gathering of Synod Fathers
Articulated in four chapters, the document will serve as the basis of reflection and discussion during the course of the three weeks' gathering of Synod Fathers, experts and other invited guest participants from October 7th to October 28th at the Vatican.
VATICAN CITY (VIS) - The Vatican on Tuesday, June 19, 2012, published the Instrumentum laboris - the working document - of the upcoming Ordinary Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, dedicated to the New Evangelization for the Transmission of Christian Faith.
Articulated in four chapters, the document will serve as the basis of reflection and discussion during the course of the three weeks' gathering of Synod Fathers, experts and other invited guest participants from October 7th to October 28th at the Vatican. The following paragraphs offer a brief outline of the working document:
The first chapter is dedicated to a rediscovery of the heart of evangelization: the experience of Christian faith - the encounter with Jesus Christ, God the Father's Gospel to humanity, which transforms us, gathers us together and introduces us, through the gift of the Spirit, to a new life, already experienced by us in the present, precisely in our feeling gathered as the Church. At the same time, this new life is the cause of our joy which compels us, as witnesses and joyful heralds of the gift received, to travel the streets of the world, awaiting the fulfilment of the Kingdom of God.
The second chapter seeks to focus attention on discerning the changes which affect how we live our faith and which influence our Christian communities. The reasons for spreading the idea of the new evangelization are then evaluated as well as the different ways the many particular Churches can feel involved.
The third chapter treats the basic places, means, persons and activities in the transmission of the Christian faith - the liturgy, catechesis and works of charity - and how, in the process of transmission, the faith needs to be professed, celebrated, lived and prayed.
Finally, in similar fashion, the fourth and final chapter discusses areas of pastoral activity, specifically those dedicated to the proclamation of the Gospel and the transmission of faith. The classic areas are then discussed, with greater development given to the most recent ones which have arisen in response to the impact and concerns arising from a reflection on the new evangelization in Christian communities and the manner in which they live their faith.
The General Secretary of the Synod of Bishops, Archbishop Nikola Eterovic told Vatican Radio more about how the document was put together, about the purpose it will serve during the work of the Synod Assembly, and about the aim of the New Evangelization.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- Participating in the Resurrection Now: Pope Francis On Our Resurrection From the Dead
- El Papa: Si las palabras cristianas son palabras sin Cristo se recorre
- Christians of East and West Must Give Common Witness: Pope Francis Writes Patriarch Bartholomew
- Turkish churches get radical makeover - by being turned in to mosques
- Francis Xavier, Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Catholic Church
- Domestic abuse thrust into open in Greece
- Papa Francisco expresa su oración y solidaridad por víctimas de tragedia en Escocia
- Best-selling author links Jack the Ripper to Royal Family
- Con referéndum Croacia protege matrimonio entre hombre y mujer
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?