Israel's decision on whether to attack Iran draws closer
The proposal to attack Iran to stop its nuclear program draws closer.
One of the decade's most important military decision could soon be made. That is to launch an Israeli attack on Iran's nuclear program. The time to make that decision is running out, fast.
'I think they have made a decision to attack. It is going to happen.'
According to experts, within a few month most of Iran's nuclear program will be moved underground beneath the Fordow mountains, making a military strike more difficult and harder to be successful.
"The top of the government has gone into lockdown," one official said. "Nobody is saying anything publicly. That in itself tells you a lot about where things stand."
"I think they have made a decision to attack," said one senior Israeli figure. "It is going to happen. The window of opportunity is before the U.S. presidential election in November. This way they will bounce the Americans into supporting them."
No assumptions or guesses should be made about an attack on Iran. The attack could prove to have horrific consequences across the Middle East that even Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas predicted that if the attack goes through, it would be "the end of the world."
Iran's militias, the Hezbollah guerrillas and the Hamas fighters both strike fear in Israelis. Both groups are believed to have large amounts of rockets that could hit and ultimately destroy major Israeli cities.
Mofaz refuses to speak about military action against Iran.
Time is running out to make a decision. Iran's nuclear program will soon be underground, making an Israeli attack near impossible. Some military experts openly discuss and doubt how much damage Israel could really inflict.
Netanyahu is determined to avoid going down in history as the man who neglected the opportunity to stop Iran from going nuclear.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Israel, Iran, nuclear program, military, strike, war
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- Obama to arm Syrian rebels after Assad chemical weapons use confirmed
- Syrian death toll of 92,901 feared to be conservative estimate
- 15-year-old Syrian boy gunned down by Islamist terriorists for heretical comment
- Iconic image of pepper sprayed woman becomes icon of resistance, feminism
- Oops? Obama administration publishes details of secret Israeli military base
- Al Qaeda sets up complaints department in Syrian city
- Researcher suspects she may have found the Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- Bashir al-Assad regains initiative, new gains against weakening rebels
- Where is President Obama as Egypt's Coptic Christians Die and Churches Burn?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?