Vatican Congregation for the Clergy: Solemnity of Jesus Christ the King
can become a participant through the Son in the same life of the Father.
Christ's regality consists in being able to present a redeemed humanity to the Father, and so they can become the sons of God. All of us are reunited in the one Church which is His spouse and His body. The royal lordship of the Son is fulfilled in this marvelous plan in which we are called to participate right now, becoming ever more like Him, cooperating in the Church to His greater glory, and recognising Him truly and royally present in every one of us.
For this reason it is necessary that even temporal structures (with their legitimate autonomy) are directed by Christians to show the reign of Christ in his world. The lordship of Christ is not just a spiritual reality. There must be a real and concrete reign of Christ over and in history, which is visible to society in its own laws and in the knowledge that in everything we do, we will be called to give an account to the one true Lord.
Holy Mary and all the saints, in whom the royal power of Christ has worked miracles, sustain the Church in the difficult and permanent work of restoring all things in Christ the King
Ez 34,11-12.15-17: www.clerus.org/bibliaclerusonline/en/9arcaobb.htm
1Co 15,20-26.28: www.clerus.org/bibliaclerusonline/en/9asuoao.htm
Mt 25,31-46: www.clerus.org/bibliaclerusonline/en/9bp5uuy.htm
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Christ the King, Feast of Christ the King, Lordship of jesus Christ, holiness, Vatican, Clergy
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- Pentecostal Pope Calls Ecclesial Movements and the Whole Church to Newness, Unity and Mission
- Historic Meeting between Pope Francis and Coptic Patriarch, Tawadros II, Fosters Christian Unity
- Pope Francis Shakes up the Ambassadors Meeting and Addresses Economic Issues
- AU CONTRAIRE! Economic crisis has been 'pulling European public opinion apart'
- Pope Calls Whole Church to Encounter Jesus Christ Personally Through the Holy Spirit
- France ponder one percent 'Internet tax' to fund domestic computer production
- Pope Francis Canonizes 802 Saints: 800 Martyrs of Otranto and Two Latin American Foundresses
- Growth in Number of Catholics Worldwide, Along with Priests and Deacons
- Scientists confirm that Roman Empire was destroyed by plague
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?