Yemeni president flees nation for medical treatment
Pro-Democracy forces celebrate, saying 'Yemen is reborn'
Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh has left the country for medical treatment in Saudi Arabia after suffering injuries in an explosion near his presidential compound. The president has undergone two operations to remove shrapnel from his upper body and perform neurosurgery on his neck, according to a Saudi official. Tens of thousands of pro-democracy protesters have seized the day to proclaim what they call the fall of the Yemeni government.
Tens of thousands of pro-democracy protesters have seized the day to proclaim what they call the fall of the Yemeni government.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lord’s invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- Defiant Iranian women doff mandated head scarves
- WARNING GRAPHIC: Supposed 'US spy' is crucified in Yemen
- Amazing Stone Age masks go on display in Jerusalem
- 3,300 year old Selfie? Silver earrings from Biblical era discovered in northern Israel
- Syria to replace Afghanistan as nation with highest refugee population
- New film draws attention to plight of Christians in the Middle East
- Latest death toll in Syrian civil war: More than 140,000
- Barrel bombs used in Aleppo send Syrians fleeing for their lives
- Only Catholic Church appears able to aid starving population of Homs, Syria
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?