Iran bans the mullet hairstyle for men
Rare instance of dress restrictions being placed on males
In the western world, the mullet - long in back, short on top, is usually the sign of a blue collar Joe who likes nothing more than to play air guitar to his favorite Eighties rock groups. In fashion, it's the sign of a clueless guy and signifies "slacker" or "loser." The nation of Iran has taken that one step further and has outlawed the hairstyle for men altogether.
Already known for restricting the style freedoms of women the Iranian government has now set its sights on men, specifically on their ponytails, spikes, and mullets
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Already known for restricting the style freedoms of women the Iranian government has now set its sights on men, specifically on their ponytails, spikes, and mullets. Iranian fashion police decry these styles as Westernized hairdos that they insist are "don'ts" in the Islamic world.
Henceforth, the Iranian government has helpfully produced a pamphlet featuring acceptable men's haircuts. "The proposed styles are inspired by Iranians' complexion, culture and religion, and Islamic law," official Jaleh Khodayar says.
I a recently Iranian style development, police in Tehran are threatening to arrest women for having tans, which they consider evidence of violated Islamic dress codes. Police chief Brig Hossien Sajedinia declared to newspaper reporters, "In some areas of north Tehran we can see many suntanned women and young girls who look like walking mannequins. We are not going to tolerate this situation and will first warn those found in this manner and then arrest and imprison them."
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- Free the Nuns of St. Thekla! Pope, Orthodox Leaders Urge Prayer for Kidnapped Nuns in Syria
- 'Tolerant' Muslims threaten holy war if Jews try to pray at site of ancient temple
- Embajador palestino en España se ofrece a cambio de liberación de doce religiosas en Siria
- HIV cases skyrocketing in Iran
- THIS OLD HOUSE: Amazing 10,000-year-old house uncovered in Israel
- Young girls and boys tortured and executed in Syrian civil war
- A VERY OLD TOAST! 3,700-year-old wine cellar found
- 5,000-year-old salt mines built by prehistoric men still in use today
- OOPS - OUR BAD! Syrian rebels mistakenly behead one of their own
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?