Vatican Demonstration Calls for Nancy Pelosi´s Excommunication
The ten pro-life demonstrators will be standing at the Vatican fence in front of St. Peter´s Basilica.
Based on her embrace of a pro-abortion position and her activities in support of the killing of the unborn, the group is calling for the Catholic Church to officially excommunicate Nancy Pelosi.
They are also asking Archbishop Wuerl of the Archdiocese of Washington, DC to enforce the Pope´s position on the distribution of Communion to pro-abortion politicians which was communicated in a 2004 letter, "Worthiness to Receive Holy Communion," which he wrote when he was Cardinal Ratzinger.
Terry stated, "Nancy Pelosi has betrayed the Catholic faith, fought to shed innocent blood, and repeatedly voted to take money from Americans to pay for the murder of innocent babies.
"Meanwhile, Washington DC Archbishop Donald Wuerl, has refused to rebuke her for this evil, and also continues to serve her Holy Communion.
"This bill is the most horrific treachery against life since Roe versus Wade. I would hate to be in Nancy Pelosi's shoes on the Day of Judgment.
"President Obama's executive order - should it come to that - will not be worth the paper it is written on."
The Vanguard of St. Catherine of Siena is in Rome calling on various Catholic officials asking for intervention concerning the distribution of Communion to politicians who support abortion. They are requesting more action by the various Apostolic discasteries in requiring American bishops to conform to Canon 915.
Canon 915 refers to the article on "Participation in the Blessed Eucharist" and states, "Those upon whom the penalty of excommunication or interdict has been imposed or declared, and others who obstinately persist in manifest grave sin, are not to be admitted to holy communion."
Randy Sly is the Associate Editor of Catholic Online. He is a former Archbishop of the Charismatic Episcopal Church who laid aside that ministry to enter into the full communion of the Catholic Church.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- Pope Francis To G8 Global Leaders: Goal of Economics is to Serve Humanity
- Pope Francis Adds Name of St Joseph to Every Mass in the Eucharistic Prayer: What Does it Mean?
- St. John Paul II: Reliable Reports Affirm Second Miracle, Canonization This Year
- Fr. Pavone: Gosnell Babies are NOT Unclaimed and Deserve Burial
- Fall of the Wall of Silence: More on Pope Francis and Reports of a 'Gay Lobby' in the Roman Curia
- Pope Teaches the Faithful What it Means to Be a Part of the Church, the People of God
- Social networking taking off in BIG WAY in Europe - and many are senior citizens
- Pope Francis Preaches on the Beatitudes, the Holy Spirit and the Law of True Freedom
- Brother Benedict: Pope Emeritus Lives as a Monk in Prayer, Continuing the Work of the Church
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?