Preparing for 100 yr. Birthday of Mother Teresa
One year ahead of celebrations for the centenary the Superior General of the order of the Missionaries of Charity calls us all to 'prepare the best gift for Mother.'
On the 26 August 1910 Gonxha Bojaxhiu was born. She became Mother Teresa of Calcutta by dedicating her whole life totally to God in the service of the poorest of the poor.
She did small things with great love. She recognised and loved the dignity of the child of God in every person.
ďGod created us for greater things - to love and to be loved.Ē When we experience the love of God for us and the loving care of others we know that we are unique and special.
We are loved. And we want to share this love with others. We show our love by giving a smi1e, by extending a helping hand, by lending a listening ear, by saying a kind, encouraging word. The call for every human being is to receive love and to give love to others.
Mother Teresa opened her heart to love all peoples. She continues to inspire us all to open our eyes to see the dignity of a child of God in the poor, and to bring peace and joy to them through our humble services.
May be there is someone in my own family who is feeling lonely, unloved, in need of acceptance, forgiveness or a kind word. Love begins at home, and I can be a channel of love for this person today.
May Motherís message of Godís tender love for each man, woman and child make us aware that God created us for greater things - to love and to be loved.
Our sincere endeavour to be channels of Godís love and peace to the poor will be the best gift we all can prepare for Motherís 100th birthday.
Sr. Mary Prema is the Superior General of Missionaries of Charity.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Asia Pacific News
- Oh my! It's raining dead mice on Guam!
- Breastfeeding for infant survivors of Typhoon Haiyan urged
- Cradle baby scheme in India cuts female infanticide
- In spite of U.S. military occupation, opium production at all-time high in Afghanistan
- China launches first moon mission with unmanned lunar probe
- IS THIS PROGRESS? Adulterers may now be stoned in Afghanistan
- Earliest ever 'Buddhist shrine' uncovered by archaeologists
- For the world to see: Afghan mother shows acid attack burns
- 'Cookii monster' Lethal pink jellyfish rediscovered 100 YEARS after off Australian coast
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?