Bible Translated into 2,454 languages, 4,500 to go
Mgr. Vincenzo Paglia, president of the Catholic Biblical Federation, presented all this at a press conference in Rome.
Mgr Vincenzo Paglia, president of the Catholic Biblical Federation, presented all this at a press conference this morning in the Holy See Press Office where he illustrated the results of a survey on reading and understanding the ‘Book of Books’.
The Catholic Biblical Federation and the United Bible Societies signed an agreement concerning co-operation in the translation and publication of the Bible in order to meet the need to increase circulation.
The survey results that Archbishop Paglia presented, especially from an ecumenical point of view, shows that the Bible remains the most effective “place”’ where Christians can meet.
Conciliar Fathers intuitively knew this and the Instrumentum laboris of the Synod currently underway confirms it.
“In general, it is good to know that the Bible is the main meeting point for prayer and dialogue between Churches and ecclesial communities.”
We must consider furthermore that “in ecumenical dialogue the biblical field is where greatest progress has been made. It is also an area that still offers considerable scope for collaboration. There are problems, including some delicate ones, but meeting over the Scriptures today can provide for a more robust encounter among Christians.”
Listening together to the Scriptures can also “lead to announcing them together. The same origin of the ecumenical movement is proof of that.”
“The Word of God warns all Christians against any form of close-mindedness and encourages them [instead] to walk the path of unity.”
Lastly, “by listening together Christians not only find themselves on the path towards unity, but receive a new vigour” from it, Mgr Paglia said.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- Pope Francis: Jesus Became Poor, So that by His Poverty You Might Become Rich
- DEFIANT RUSSIA: Leadership disregarding tough talk from Obama
- Long-lost pirate's treasure could be hidden off Irish coast
- British mom gets second opinion - and finds her unborn baby ALIVE, in spite of doctors
- Calling the Ecclesial Movements: Pope Francis Encourages Focolare, all the Movements, So Do We!
- Oops! Pope Francis accidentally mutters obscenity
- One rape or sexual assault reported by members of the Armed Forces - EVERY WEEK
- Pope Francis Writes to Families Seeking Prayer for the Synod on the Family
- After scandal, overseer gives Legion of Christ clean bill of health
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?