Population growth good for America, expert tells FOX
“Population growth is a multiplier of wealth,” said Mosher to FOX Business host Stuart Varney. “Human beings are the ultimate resource, the one resource we can’t do without.”
Mosher went on to explain how an expanding population is a driver of economic growth and creates opportunities for entrepreneurs. “The idea that a reproductive birthrate somehow hinders economic development is fundamentally wrongheaded. Those who say that fewer children lead to better economies,” Mosher insisted, “need only cast a glance at dying Europe or moribund Japan to be proven wrong.”
In fact, he says, America’s booming population should give us all hope for a better future. “Our growing numbers,” said Mosher, “give us confidence that we are going to pull out of the current economic doldrums sooner rather than later, and certainly much earlier than Europe and Japan.”
Steven Mosher is the author of the new book Population Control: Real Costs, Illusory Benefits, which is published by Transaction Press.
PRI is a 501(c)(3) educational organization. We work to reverse the trends brought about by the myth of overpopulation. Our growing, global network of pro-life groups spans over 30 countries. To date, we have successfully eliminated $790 million in U.S. tax dollars to International Planned Parenthood, UNFPA, and other anti-life aboritionists while redirecting much of this to family friendly programs like Child Survival.
See our current project.
Donate now to directly affect the lives and well-being of mothers and children around the world.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Population Research Institute News
- The Huffington Post Gets It Wrong--Again
- PRI TO PRESIDENT-ELECT OBAMA: DON’T FUND FORCED ABORTION
- USAID Denies Funding to Abortion Group Implicated in Forced Abortions and Sterilizations in China; PRI Applauds Action
- Population growth good for America, expert tells FOX
- Youtube Censors PRI Investigative Video
- Starvation Scapegoat: Blaming Population for a Green Problem
- U.S. Bishops Urge Voters To Give Priority To Life
- Welcoming Baby 6,666,666,666: PRI Celebrates the Latest Population Milestone
- THE COST OF CONTROL: STEVE MOSHER'S BOOK EXPLODES THE MYTH OF OVERPOPULATION
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?