Youtube Censors PRI Investigative Video
Front Royal, VA, 07/02/08—YouTube.com, in what the Population Research Institute (PRI) is calling a case of blatant censorship, has removed a video from its website for the sole reason that it criticizes a pro-abortion journalist.
“As the editor of a news agency that strives to provide people around the world the truth about the Catholic Church and issues of concern to Catholics, I find it frustrating that The Decency Gap project is able to convince YouTube to remove a factual video without any explanation,” David Uebbing, executive editor of the Catholic News Agency told PRI.
“None of the information provided in the video has been contradicted by The Decency Gap,” he continued. “Additionally, the project’s links to the International Planned Parenthood Federation, Marie Stopes International, the Center for Reproductive Rights, and the Peruvian pro-abortion association PROMSEX have not been disproven.”
According to Uebbing, censorship of this kind is nothing new on YouTube. He points to the example of a video posted by American Life League, which was taken down for supposedly “inappropriate content.” This video criticized clips from two online Planned Parenthood ads. But while YouTube removed ALL’s video, it left the original Planned Parenthood ads online.
Catholic News Agency has since reposted the video, labeling it “The Decency Gap / Eve Reinhardt Censored Version,” as well as posting a version on Google Video as well. The video can be found here.
"Stop censoring people with whom you disagree," PRI President Steve Mosher told YouTube. "This is America, not the People's Republic of China."
The Population Research Institute (PRI) was founded in 1989 by Fr. Paul Marx, OSB, PhD and is dedicated to: (1) ending human rights abuses committed in the name of "family planning", (2) opposing outdated social and economic paradigms premised on the myth of overpopulation, (3) informing the public about the social and economic benefits of moderate population growth, and (4) promoting pro-natal and pro-family attitudes and policies worldwide. Steven Mosher is the author of numerous books, including A Mother's Ordeal.
- - -
PRI is a 501(c)(3) educational organization. We work to reverse the trends brought about by the myth of overpopulation. Our growing, global network of pro-life groups spans over 30 countries. To date, we have successfully eliminated $790 million in U.S. tax dollars to International Planned Parenthood, UNFPA, and other anti-life aboritionists while redirecting much of this to family friendly programs like Child Survival.
See our current project.
Donate now to directly affect the lives and well-being of mothers and children around the world.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Population Research Institute News
- The Huffington Post Gets It Wrong--Again
- PRI TO PRESIDENT-ELECT OBAMA: DON’T FUND FORCED ABORTION
- USAID Denies Funding to Abortion Group Implicated in Forced Abortions and Sterilizations in China; PRI Applauds Action
- Population growth good for America, expert tells FOX
- Youtube Censors PRI Investigative Video
- Starvation Scapegoat: Blaming Population for a Green Problem
- U.S. Bishops Urge Voters To Give Priority To Life
- Welcoming Baby 6,666,666,666: PRI Celebrates the Latest Population Milestone
- THE COST OF CONTROL: STEVE MOSHER'S BOOK EXPLODES THE MYTH OF OVERPOPULATION
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?